• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thinking about wanting upgrades....why?

Biggest issue for me has been the gps and compass. I'm scared of the greener grass on the other side. Got a year and a month left on contract, 3 batteries and separate charger. Maybe in a year if the next pure google phone is worth it. The nexus just isn't really an upgrade. For my first android phone I still feel I'm doing really good.

Upvote 0
I have an upgrade. Did it myself. midNIGHT rom. Hell, there are several great roms out there. Just find the one geared towards what you use your phone to do. I hear frozen syndicate is pretty good too but I am happy with midNIGHT. Going from factory to custom is always a great upgrade. You phone suddenly becomes a powerful device worth what you paid for it.

Not happy with the galaxy II not having a slide out keyboard. That was a big reason for ditching my shitPhone 3GS, so I'll just have to stick with custom roms for another year unless Verizon gets a slide out keyboard.

Even the 3GS was a big upgrade with dev-team and jailbreakme.com.

Upvote 0
I have an upgrade. Did it myself. midNIGHT rom. Hell, there are several great roms out there. Just find the one geared towards what you use your phone to do. I hear frozen syndicate is pretty good too but I am happy with midNIGHT. Going from factory to custom is always a great upgrade. You phone suddenly becomes a powerful device worth what you paid for it.

Not happy with the galaxy II not having a slide out keyboard. That was a big reason for ditching my shitPhone 3GS, so I'll just have to stick with custom roms for another year unless Verizon gets a slide out keyboard.

Even the 3GS was a big upgrade with dev-team and jailbreakme.com.

Yeah, MidnightROM and SyndicateROM Frozen are both excellent ROMs, and they really bring out the phones potential.

Upvote 0
don't forget Bonsai. I'm finding it a touch more reliable than Syndicate.

I'm playing with the Dell Venue Pro too right now. as a phone, it's pretty slick with some niggles, like no double tap on the fb key to act as a number lock. so I'm having fun playing with it as a WiFi device as others test out phones. don't see the allure of WP though. it's so limiting, and IE on it is pretty lame. If it weren't for the hardware, it would definitely be behind webos. Have to find a dev to port Android over from the Venue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones