• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking bout leaving Boost

well time has come for me to jump ship finally after 3 years. because of my location boost has horrible signal, last year was spent in frustration and barely usable service. an early christmas present is landing me a nexus 5 32G from play store. will activate on metropcs (for price) that will essentially use t-mobile towers (high speed data). win-win situation for me.

Upvote 0
well time has come for me to jump ship finally after 3 years. because of my location boost has horrible signal, last year was spent in frustration and barely usable service. an early christmas present is landing me a nexus 5 32G from play store. will activate on metropcs (for price) that will essentially use t-mobile towers (high speed data). win-win situation for me.
I did that last year, however let me save you some trouble and money.

Go with Straight talk, T-mobile sim. $45 monthly and at least 2.5GB full speed.

Metro is $50 for that same service I believe and Straight talk does not always Throttle, if you only rarely go over they don't seem to bother you. Both will get t-mobile LTE which was a welcome surprise for me when I switched 3 months ago.

Reactions: kevincott and akmsr
Upvote 0
I did that last year, however let me save you some trouble and money.

Go with Straight talk, T-mobile sim. $45 monthly and at least 2.5GB full speed.

Metro is $50 for that same service I believe and Straight talk does not always Throttle, if you only rarely go over they don't seem to bother you. Both will get t-mobile LTE which was a welcome surprise for me when I switched 3 months ago.

Can I use any unlocked phone that uses a sim card? Thinking about switching to straight talk. My prevail is still running strong. But looking for a larger screen.

Upvote 0
Can I use any unlocked phone that uses a sim card? Thinking about switching to straight talk. My prevail is still running strong. But looking for a larger screen.
Yes, but you need to use one that uses the frequency of the carrier you want, for example att uses 850 and 1900 I believe while t mobile uses 1700/2100. Att phones do not usually get 1700/2100 but most new t mobile phones will carry both tmobile and att frequencies.

Reactions: go2vegas
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones