Thinking if rooting my HTC Inspire, Help!

1. minaalovee

minaalovee New Member

I am new to this, but I'm thinking of rooting my HTC Inspire but I don't really know exactly what 'rooting' it means? I've read you can mess up your phone if you do it wrong. And that's the last thing i want. What are the pros and cons of rooting? What can you do with your phone if its rooted? And what is the best way to root??

Advertisement
    :
  2. ljfnky

ljfnky Member

3. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Everytime you are going to mess with any electronic devide, read a lot first. I
  4. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

Yep, rooting pretty much lets you do things with your phone that you normally wouldn't. Flashing a Rom, basically completely changing the the UI. The Inspire comes with the Sense Rom- which some think is too slow. You can get rid of certain apps you're normally not allowed to, like those pesky bloatware apps that ATT forces onto your phone.

Do what the others have said, keep reading about it and weigh the pro's and cons. I rooted my phone today, which was the exact date my limited HTC warranty ended. I have another warrant provided by my credit card company which will pay for damages regardless of what happens to it, so I went ahead with it.