• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of buying a Flytouch 3

Hello guys,

I've been thinking about buying a Flytouch 3, but beforehand i would like to ask a few questions and hopefully you can answer them.

Firstly, i have seen 4gb and 8gb versions floating about, does anyone know of any bigger versions? (If so could you link me to them?) Or if its possible to swap out the internal memory for something larger?

Pix of Inside my dead Flytouch 3

This thread seems to show an internal sd card, so i assume replacing that internal sd card will make it possible to have 32gb internal and external, unless the bios has limitations, but as it supports 32gb external micro sd i see no reason why it wont support it internally, maybe you guys could air your opinions on this?

Secondly, im quite sure i will eat big chunks of the 512mb ram, is it possible to create a swap partition on either the internal and external storage or maybe even both?

This leads me to my final question, im a unix guru, would it be possible to load a linux disto onto this device, for example debian/centos/suse/freebsd/openbsd and to maybe have a multi-boot option as i tend to switch around distro's for testing.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones