Thinking of getting an Eris. Help.General

1. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

Im thinking about getting an Eris to hold me over 6 months until my upgrade. I know they wont be updating the Eris software anymore. But will Apps that require updates still update. Also how does the Navigation do on this phone? Thanks guys.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Market apps will update as needed.

Navigation works as well on the Eris as any other android phone. The only complaints I've seen tend to be Google related (missing street, one way streets routed the wrong way, etc) rather than Eris related. (I've also seen 'GPS can't find me" type threads, but those are a problem with that specific phone, not the Eris in general). I personally have used it for some 500 - 800 mile trips and several 50 mile or so ones with no problems. Navigation does drain the battery, but that's going to be true of any phone, just keep a car charger handy.

The Eris can be rooted, which gives you the ability to 'update' the OS to something you like better. Many of us are running ROMs based on Android 2.2, whereas the stock Eris is on the 2.1 version of the OS.
  3. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

Oh good deal. I dont know anything about rooting. What it is. How to do it? What it does? Any info on that would be appreciated.
  4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member