Thinking of Returning Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sandbob

Sandbob Member This Topic's Starter

I realize that the Droid X does alot of fancy things, but phone calling and texting are just not one of it's good features. The ringer volume is too low, the call quality if not good, and the incoming speaker is not good. I do hear static often, and it is difficult to end a call quickly. The texting feature also has some flaws in that it is not easy to retrieve saved messages, and not easy to delete or save as draft as some of the older phones. The alert notifications are very short blurps, so if one doesn't hear it the first time, the message would go unanswered. This is my first smartphone, so maybe I am just not giving it enough time, but the option to return it in 30 days is looking like a good one.

Advertisement
  2. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure how anyone should respond to this post. It sounds like if you don't like anything about the phone, then you should return it. You shouldn't really have to be convinced to keep a phone; I like mine, but you don't have to.

3. Motorola

Motorola Active Member

If you return it what other phone would you get? Imo the best phone to get on verizon is the DX.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  4. gcastilloo

gcastilloo Member

We're not here to convince you to keep your phone. If you don't like your phone return it. Smart phones aren't for everybody. I am happy with my X.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

How exactly is it not easy to end a call? I consider having a big button in the middle of the phone that you can push pretty easy to end a call.
    Notifications you can set ringtones for those.

to me it sounds like you need a more simpler phone. I mean these are not hard things to do with a phone but if you want to return then more power to you not everyone will like it personally i love it and have no issues with it. Im sure there are plenty of people out there hoping you return it so they can get ahold of one.

6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Everything before "The texting feature" sounds like it could be a bad phone. Before giving up on a phone that has been released days ago, that still has first batches out in the wild, exchange it for a new one.

The stuff after "The texting feature, I dont know what to say.....

Only give up on a phone if u keep exchanging it and having problems. Or if u just dont like it, just get another phone.

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

one week out of debut... the thrill is gone, baby. I wonder what the Fascinate will be like. ;)

8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Well I've only used the X today, but I've made calls and texted quite a bit and I'm not (yet at least) having these issues. The speaker is plenty loud, the earpiece sounds great, and I feel it's the easiest on screen keyboard I've ever used.

9. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

i have had the earpiece issue (which is gonna be replacedzzzz0 but other that that i LOVE the phone. its brand new so u cant ALWAYS expect every single thing to be 100%....but try to exchange it and go from there :)

10. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Perhaps he needs some validation in his choice to return his phone or buy-in from others that he's doing the right thing? :rolleyes:

11. droidxterp

droidxterp Member

Me too. Ill stick with my bb curve that actually played good quality pandora streams on my stereo while waiting a little for the better samsung fascinate

12. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

bah, touch wiz is the worst UI in existence, I do amit that the DX speaker is a little quieter playing music, videos, but speaker phone and ringers its fine.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  13. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well samsung has been having issues with reception and they do not stick behind their products for updates and such and not to mention touchwiz is rather ugly and in videos i have watched slowed the phone down tremoundsly but good luck with the samsung

14. droidxterp

droidxterp Member

well havent made a decision yet. Are they really having reception problems? what company really sticks behind their products anyway anymore

15. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well yeah there were a few articles about the reception on the samsung's maybe they fixed it who knows. Motorola is pretty good for continuing to push updates to their phones i mean they kept updating the droid and some of their other phones(cliq,xt, etc) But its a personal preference what you like and what feels good for you