• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of returning my HTC Desire HD...

Hi...

Im really not sure about the HTC Desire HD. I have limited time to give it back to T-Mobile UK, but I dont think Im going to get a replacement any time soon so I would have to hand this back...at first I found the phone too big, but to be honest you get used to it and actually start liking it.

Before I go into a rant, I really do like my Desire HD but....

My issues are sound quality. I cannot believe a phone like this is so low in ringtone, hearing calls etc. and I doubt an update could be made for this as speakers only have limited capacity (?). I actually found the internet slow, very slow. The phone istelf when you hold because it is virtually all screen, you keep hitting other buttons. I found some features annoying such as always having to press the power on the button on the top and to think that they would make the camera stick out like that so that it would be liable to get scratched is shocking!

Here is the dilema, I dont mind waiting a month for another superphone to come out in christmas, but how likely is it? DHD came out 6 months later from original desire, and the step up the the DHD would be how long?...a long time I presume.

There was rumours of a Samsung Nexus 2 but that seems to be all hype and not true...so if I hand this phone back, does anyone know any phones coming out (in UK, t-mobile) that would top it?

IN the android world, a new, better phone comes out every 2-3 weeks. Also, I know that your version of Sense UI lowers the ringtone when the phone is moving while its getting a call. Id have a loooong stroll through the options for ringers and sounds menu. It should be plenty loud, unless you just got a bad unit. Most of the parts are the same as on the EVO, and that speaker (both of them) are loud and clear.

HOwever, If i was in your shoes, Id personally test drive a WIndows Phone 7 device. They really caught my eye, and look like they have some great games.. PLus IM so jealous of MS Office for Mobile.. THeyll have Mutitasking and copy+paste in January, so dont let that be a deal breaker for you. HOwever, We dont know whats going to hapen with 2.3, or 3.0 (gingerbread) as far as features, so if I were you, Id wait it out for as lng as you can before returning the phone, and let the waters settle until January to make a fair comparison between Windows &, changing you Desire to another Desire or another Android device. I assume that you dont want an iOS device?

Upvote 0
I have had windows phones for years now from the spv models. I receive my first android phone tomorrow. I have studied everything about the windows 7 phones and I think they are junk and will fail.
I cant find one reason to purchase one.
There are ways round not having microsoft office with the android with third party apps.
Windows 7 is ugly and only half a system. It has been rushed out in a poor state like all microsoft software. It is still way too late in my mind.
Why release a phone with no copy and paste and no third party multitasking? Not compatible with any of the applications you allready own. Pathetic!
Apple and google have stolen the market from them.
I would have bought a windows phone if they had stuck with an upgrade to 6.5.
Although that interface was ugly. I used spb software to brighten it up with 3d interface.
:eek::eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones