Thinking of Rooting due to HW Issue. Will VZW Techs Know?

1. rjj130

rjj130 Well-Known Member

Starting this past Thursday, my phone has been acting up.

It started the phantom screen changing due to the trackball. I thought it was first my InvisibleSHIELD and then after removing it, I read up about the trackball and have done everything possible to clean it but no dice.

Anyways, I'd like to backup some applications and their data, i.e. Angry Birds and Alchemy via Titanium Backup.

I have no qualms about rooting my phone, but if I'm going to exchange it out for a new device, will a VZW tech be able to tell that I have rooted if they start nosing around for a possible fix? If so, again no big deal about un-rooting it as I have read up on how to do both topics.

I don't expect them to really know considering they used their own web forums when I took my wife's LG Ally in due to the "time without signal" flaw.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

No in my experience the techs don't even look at the phone, they just replace it, but i'd unroot it before returning it.
    But if you applied the new update that just was issued you won't be able to root it.
  3. rjj130

rjj130 Well-Known Member

Crap... I knew I should have waited...

Oh well, hopefully they release something in the next week for rooting after the latest patch.