Thinking of rooting - what will happen with OTA froyo?

Last Updated:

1. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been asked before -

With the ease of the unrevoked root method, I'm thinking about rooting my Incredible.

I'm by no means an advanced user (command line what?), but would definitely like to download some of the more popular root-only applications.

I have no intentions of messing with new roms/kernels...just wifi tethering, nandroid, etc.

What will happen when the official Froyo update comes out? Will I be able to upgrade without trouble?

I've looked at the sticky about reverting to stock in case something goes wrong, and it looks a little over my head. Will I have to do that to enjoy the official Froyo update?

Thanks so much!

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

3. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

d'oh.

thanks so much.

4. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

well, if you are technical enough to figure out how to install the leaked froyo then you will be able to downgraded it if need be. Its not hard especially with all the great how-to videos.

No one can say if you will be able to upgrade to the official froyo from the leaked froyo but without a doubt you will be able to downgrade to 2.1 and then upgrade to the official 2.2. If you do install the leaked froyo just plan on wiping your phone and downgrading if you want the update. If that does not sound fun then just stick with 2.1 and wait it out.