Thinking of starting my own Android blog.

Last Updated:

1. RichieHD

RichieHD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently in between jobs and am going to school part-time and have decided to take my love of the 'droid and start a blog about it. Not sure if this would even be the right section for this post but I was just wondering what it is you guys look for in a blog.

Do you guys like:
    -App/Game reviews
    -Wallpapers
    -Exclusive news
    -News that may not be exclusive but as long as it's posted, it's fine
    -A good layout
    -Forums

I have an overabundance of time on my hands and would love to start a little pet project. Any help would be appreciated!

-Rich

Advertisement
  2. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Give it a shot, I'll check it out :)

3. RichieHD

Thanks! Do you have anything that you like to read/see when you visit Android blogs?

4. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Not discussing the iPhone. Too many Android enthusiasts feel the need to mention it in every breath. When I want Android news, I want Android news, not a biased comparison.

5. RichieHD

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Well, I say go for it. With Androuid gaining speed and market share, we can always use another blog. Perhaps you will grow fat and rich from all of that ad revenue that every successful blog or forum gets.

I would like to see a blog or forum about the Kyocera Zio. If I were not busy being unemployed and if blogging would not cut into my valueable time spent not lookong for work, I would do it myself.

Bob

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Just remember to keep this thread strictly on what people are looking for in blogs. Do NOT link your blog here, as this forum is not for advertising purposes.

8. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

That's an odd rule. It's not like the guy is doing it for monetary reason, just wanting to spread the love around.

However, these are not my forums so...yeah....

9. woop

If that wasn't the case, you'd have 1000x people who want blog exposure to register, make a thread with their blog link, then never come back. Not the place for it.

10. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Right, there are tons of links that float around this site anyways.

11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

No kidding. I don't need to hear people thinking that iPhone bashing is necessary to justify their Android decision.

A new blog would really have to offer something different from all the others for me to take note.

12. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

like your sig for instance :)

anyway, on topic:
    what i kind of long for is a place like what the phones section here is trying to be (sorry guys, it's just never up-to-date), which has a list of all the available and upcoming android phones, critically, stating where they are available

in general, lots of blogs/articles/threads talk about phones, but fail to mention that they're only available in one country, on a specific carrier with a certain kind of contract and only if you buy a year's supply of cat food with it

13. RichieHD

Thanks for the feedback, guys. And as for the mod up top who requested I not post the link- sure. It might end up in my signature at some point but I would not advertise. I am also not doing it for money reasons. Trust me. I don't think it's even possible to make a substantial amount of cash on a blog unless you're Perez Hilton or maybe a political satirist.

14. woop

Putting the link in your sig is fine. You have freedom to put whatever you want (as long as it falls under site rules - nothing NSFW). Thank you for understanding.