Thinking of switching from iPhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Abbas

Abbas New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 8, 2009
    So I bought the HTC Magic and flashed it with the Hero ROM and am liking it. Its a bit rough around the edges but I can see if getting better than iPhone with time. I've been a long time iPhone user so obviously I'm having a few adjusting issues and was wondering if anyone can help

1) I have about 30 days of email sync'ed which becomes a pretty long list. On the iPhone, I could simply tap on the top to go right back to the first item. Any option like this in Android?

2) For deleting emails from the list, iPhone requires a swipe on the left. Here, I have to hold down the screen for a while until the pop-up menu comes up which makes the process a bit slower

3) An HTML email on the iPhone is zoomed out so you have the entire email shown on the screen and you can choose to tap to the area you want to zoom into. Any way to do this on the Android? Right now, it shows me a zoomed in version if I open an HTML email. I have to scroll left/right to see the entire thing.

Any other tips/tricks for iPhone switchers?

2. UnderWhat?

UnderWhat? Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Try to see if there are any other mail apps in the android market.

Also why does everyone love the hero ROM? What is wrong with the regular android UI (I haven't got mine yet)