Thinking of switching from the Hero

Last Updated:

1. Chiups

Chiups Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off let me start by saying I love the Hero and all the features that go along with it, but one thing I don't love is the overall responsiveness of the phone. I've had my Hero for almost a month now so its coming down to the time where I decided if I wanna be a Hero or something else.

My question to you all is, what made you decide to get the Droid? And for anyone that switched from the Hero, what are the major differences? I really wanna stay with the Hero, because the lagginess isn't really THAT bad, but for and additional $100 and $10 per month extra the Droid isn't looking too bad at the moment.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I never had a Hero, but I did have a G1 with a Hero/Sense rom on it (and plenty of swap space along with the 10mb RAM hack so it was up to par) and they are pretty similar besides the keyboard. They have the same processor and with the swap space and 10mb hack I had, they had basically the same amount of RAM. I prefer the Droid over it, Sense is a really nice UI but the bit of lag you get along with smaller screen and lack of physical keyboard is to much for me to justify using it over the Droid. The widgets can be emulated with a few different ones in the Market, and Multi Touch is availible with Dolphin browser, so the thing you will miss the most is the additional Dialer/Contacts features you get with Sense. Other then that you won't miss anything, I know I don't.

3. Chiups

Chiups Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the speedy reply! Yea I don't really need all the additional contact features that comes with Sense. And as for the widgets only one I really use is the Home thats about it.