Thinking of switching to a different phone...

Last Updated:

1. swapped

swapped Member This Topic's Starter

I'm startin to get really irritated with the Hero. I have had it for about 3-4 months and pretty much ever since I got it, it has been aweful as a phone. Its a cool toy, but as a phone it just plain sucks. I have it rooted and tried many roms. Now running DC 2.09.01 and i have dialer lag as long a 1 min sometimes. Whats worse is someone will call me as i'm waiting for the dialer to dial (person i'm trying to call, because i now have to play phonetag just to get to take to someone becuase of this stupid ass phone) and so i hit answer and start talking and then about a min later it decided to finally dial so i have two conersations with the same number going......

AHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! I hate this phone right now!!!!!

Does anyone know if the Samsung moment is pretty decent phone. I might try to get Sprint to give me two of those for the ones i have now..........

i'm really dissapointed with this HTC design. My friend's Droid on verizon is rock solid compared to this.

Any recommendations???? Any roms i should try or would anyone really rocommend the moment? Or perhaps another phone that will works first and foremost as a PHONE!!!!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Try Fresh 2.1.2.

I use it, and i have no dialer lag, pretty much no lag at all. Also, I use the overclock widget even though it tells you not to use it with Fresh, I dunno if that has anything to do with it. I also removed a shit ton of apps when i rooted. My baby runs like a dream.

3. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

The moment is much worse. The airplane mode just turns itself on for no reason, a lot. stay away.

4. clutch_08

clutch_08 Member

I have heard slot of good things about zenexp. give that one a try

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Samsung Moment will leave you pulling out your battery 5 or 6 times a day. That is, if you use it a lot. Like I do. If you don't use it, like the people on the Evo section who are getting 3 days battery, it'll be fine. However, I have to say, the Hero is by far (in terms of usability) leaps and bounds bettter. It won't leave you high and dry having to wait on it to re-boot to use it.

6. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

I'm still stock 1.5 and have never had any problems. Why don't you go back to stock. Seems like most rooted people have problems. I have never had any complaint's for six months. TC

7. skndeep101

skndeep101 Member

8. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I use the Aloysius rom and have no lag. I was running Fresh 2.1.2 and it would take about a minute to actually dial. Once I installed Aloysius my lag when from 1 minute to 1 second. I fell in love with my phone all over again.

9. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

It must just all be sketchy from phone to phone, because I have no lag with fresh, i've never used any other rom... I dunno

10. ron

ron Well-Known Member

I had similar huge delays with the hero and some of the cooked Roms (fresh, damage, etc.), and then I went back to the stock 1.5 ROM and suddenly it was fast, and worked as it should. No delays, and it was not slower than the cooked ones. And much more reliable.
    I know everyone claims huge speed advantages with the custon ROMs, but they each have issues in my experience.

Aloysius is the one I am using now and it is the best custom 2.1 ROM I have tried. I suggest trying this one, or go back to stock.

11. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

If you wanna get another phone, id prolly say dont get the moment and just wait until the two new android phones by samsung (the epic and the other one which name i cant recall) come out

12. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

Just get the EVO or wait for the Samsung Epic 4G

13. Mauddib

Mauddib Well-Known Member

Fresh will be coming out with a new ROM soon (right now it is in Beta for donaters) and it is really good.

I had all the problems you mentioned with DC and other ROMS and was considering going back to 1.5 or stock but the new Fresh ROM is exactly what I want.