• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thinking of taking it back

I sold my captivate last might on craigslist for 350,i got 4 calls about it within an hour of putting it up.
Got the epic this morning from a friend at sprint. I can sau that it terms of gps locks my captivate was never this fast (when it actually worked), and im really happy that I have a flash again, that wad the one thing hardware wise that I felt the captivate was really lacking.

i need to ask you why after you got the epic are you still here?
the epic dont have forums or something?
just a question i never understad why people do that.

Upvote 0
I had my captivate for 4 days when I started noticing the shutdowns. I had let it drain to 8% all i had was my car charger so I plugged it in and around midnight I went out to get it. Said it was fully charged so I unplugged it. By the time I had walked back into the house it had shutdown. I thought I had accidently did it so I turned it back on. Woke up at 3:30 and it was shut off again. so i turned it back on and messed around with it. I plugged it into a wall charger and within 5 minutes of unplugging it it had shut down again. So I left it set for about 30 minutes and it did not shut off again. So I decided to try the charger again and left it on for a bit then within 5 minutes of unplugging it....you guessed it shutdown. I did not plug it in again all day and it was fine. I took it back yesterday and they switched it for a new one. so far no problems, keeping my fingers crossed because I LOVE this phone. Coming from the iPhone to this is amazing. I love my iPhone but I LOVE this phone..lol.

I had read on several other forums people were having problems either while charging or after charging. I was able to pinpoint mine down to this so hopefully that will help someone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones