Thinnest case available?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. fotos

fotos Member This Topic's Starter

What is the thinnest Droid X case available?

I plan to get the ClearTouch Crystal screen protector to avoid scratches, and will try out a case. I'm not a fan of adding too much bulk.. or I might just go naked. Really like the rubber backing.

Suggestions? :)

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I was on a search for a case that would be thin and not add a lot of bulk since I keep my phone in my pocket. I hate having an ultra thing phone and adding more thickness to it with a case...I understand protection and all but I'm not that rough on my phone :p

Personally, I wasn't able to find anything that I liked...at least not yet since the phone hasn't been out terribly long. For now, I went with Phantom Skinz. It protects my phone from getting scratched, etc. and it came with 2 free screen protectors for about 20 bucks. I really like the look and have gotten lots of compliments :)

3. ngsm13

ngsm13 Well-Known Member

Seidio.

4. Clint1583

Clint1583 Active Member

I have the Verizon "Shell/Holster combo" and it's very thin when the holster piece is not attached, almost the same thickness as the bare phone itself.

5. mattk22

mattk22 Member

Try the Zagg Invisible Shield.

6. ngsm13

ngsm13 Well-Known Member

This shit is terrible.

nG

7. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member

8. DrWurm

DrWurm Well-Known Member

I've read that this case is pretty much exactly the same, except you can get it for about 6 bucks including shipping. I think I might pick one up for myself.

Amazon.com: Black Rubberized Snap-On Protector for Motorola DROID X Xtreme MB810…

sharshar and mxsjw like this.
  9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

jr1125 likes this.
  10. in2uition

in2uition Well-Known Member

11. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

What do you all think of the thin silicon case that Verizon sells?

12. jr1125

jr1125 Well-Known Member

13. mp33er

mp33er Member

14. ngsm13

ngsm13 Well-Known Member

Returned my Seidio, not a perfect fit.

Picked up one of the TPU Argyle smoke cases, and I'm happy with it.

nG

15. New ERA

New ERA Well-Known Member

old case was the carbon fiber one offered by Verizon which I found was too bulky...

got myself the Argyle smoke case now and much happier with the size.

16. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

It is a pretty tight fit. I though at first it would be an issue snapping together but persisted & it worked.

17. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member

i just ordered the cheap black rubberized from amazon. its not here yet but when i do get it i will keep you posted on how it fits. i have the extended battery though so that might complicate things a little

18. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member

19. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I have yet to get my DX, but I'm probably going to go with a gelaskin.

I had one for my old iPod Video and they're pretty awesome. It's a decal basically. It used no residue adhesive so it's not gonna leave any crap behind and they're like those Phantomz or whatever. They're kind of expensive, but if you like the sort of art you can get, you're phone's definitely going to be unique.

Skins for Motorola DROID X | GelaSkins

EDIT: and they're only $15. Not sure if it covers the sides though.

20. Center

Center Well-Known Member

I got the Rocketfish cover (I originally had the leather wrapped Verizon kickstand one, but it was too bulky). This Rocketfish cover is thin, but I have to warn you, before you walk to the register with your Rocketfish cover, MAKE SURE EVERY LATCH LOCKS IN. I have one latch on the top right that won't lock in unless I glue it together or something.

Rocketfish is a nice thin cover, but waaaaay overpriced for what you get. I sometimes wonder how much of the added cost is due to the Best Buy exclusivity.

If anyone's had the Rocketfish but found an equivalent cover at a lower cost, I'd be interested to hear.

21. arelunde

arelunde Member

I have the Rocketfish cover as well and it's a beautiful, almost metalic red. It fits very well, has that nice soft Seidio-type feel, and doesn't add bulk at all. However, I totally agree with Center's comments on the pricing and about the snap things (latches?)

The snap things are tiny and not very secure, especially after taking the case off a few times. If I pull my X out of the holster by holding the sides of the top, the case comes apart at the top. I ended up (very carefully) super-gluing these snaps together.

Also, I have some areas of black showing through the pretty red in places that get a lot of wear, particularly by the home and menu buttons. I love the color and the fit, but the quality just isn't there.

I finally ordered the smoke argyle case and am glad to see others like it. Should have it tomorrow.

22. spb21

spb21 Well-Known Member

It's what I have now. I came to this thread to find something that is just as thin but won't hang up in my pocket. I actually dropped my phone because it hung up in my pocket as I was pulling it out.

23. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Dammit, I got the thing today and it's a 2 piece snap together case. Not at all what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be a true one piece snap on case like the Incipio type (from one of the reviews on amazon). I suppose I'll contact All E Stuff tomorrow and make sure they sent the correct case.
    :mad:

I got this...http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-Co...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1284006092&sr=8-2

they have different ASIN #s B003XGNY74 vs. B003X4QYWS

24. DrWurm

DrWurm Well-Known Member

It's definitely the correct case. That's the one everybody's been comparing to the Rocketfish case, which is also 2 pieces. Sorry it's not what you were looking for.

Jason

25. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Wrong, that "shit" is actually great. Though I would never feel comfortable using a "skin" for full-fledge protection. I do however use one of their screen protectors (have on several handsets actually) and love their products.

I think the thinnest case currently offered are the standard soft-silicone (think of them as condoms) that you stretch over the case. As far as something more durable, I would suspect the harder silicon based (TPU) cases would be a close second, maybe even the Rocketfish.