• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Thinnest case available?

Can you take pics of it by chance? If not, no worries.

Thanks.

Here are a couple of pictures...i took it with my droid x so you can't really tell how thick it is. I love how thick it is on the phone.

2010-09-17_07-54-30_365.jpg

2010-09-17_07-53-57_63.jpg

406528115_photobucket_1262_.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes it is rigid. It is not the flimsy type silicone cases that are out on the market. It is flexible but it is not flimsy at all(a mixture between hard plastic and silicone). This is the best (fitting wise) case I have come across and it isn't a struggle to use the buttons either like some of the others. If you are on the fence about buying one, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. For $4 shipped with a screen saver why the hell not. Ebay out of China but it'll take a couple weeks to get here.:(

Anyone else looking on Ebay for them search terms "epik droid x".

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. For $4 shipped with a screen saver why the hell not. Ebay out of China but it'll take a couple weeks to get here.:(

Yeah I have tried numerous others and always come back to the Epik. They are very nice and fit the phone to a T. You won't be disappointed and like you said it even comes with a screen protector as well which is nice.... Hope you enjoy it!!!

Upvote 0
My Epik case just showed up today... put it on, and while the fitment is spot on, I just can't see myself liking the thickness it adds to the phone (perhaps ive just gotten too used to a naked phone?). But if you're looking for some protection for you phone, this is a good, higher quality option for you.
Ill still be looking for a thinner case...

Upvote 0
My Epik case just showed up today... put it on, and while the fitment is spot on, I just can't see myself liking the thickness it adds to the phone (perhaps ive just gotten too used to a naked phone?). But if you're looking for some protection for you phone, this is a good, higher quality option for you.
Ill still be looking for a thinner case...

Could you take a couple pictures of the epik please? The sample pic on the website blows.

Upvote 0

Ho Hum...6 weeks later and no Epik case yet from China off Ebay:thinking:
I sent an email and they say they are resending it.:rolleyes:
I hope I don't need to worry.:mad:
I hate waiting.:(

Upvote 0
I just purchased this Hybrid case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Hybrid-Hard-Case-Cover-Motorola-Droid-X-MB810-/140437508512?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20b2ba51a0

It won't be arriving for another 2 weeks but it looks pretty thin! I'll post pics and my impressions up when I receive it.

Thanks for this, exactly what I've been waiting for...I think.:D
Comes in black, I think I'll give it a try for 3 bucks.
Black Hybrid Hard Case Cover Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 140438948701 end time Nov-08-10 08:58:48 PST)

Also in Blue if you look at their store.

ETA...found a black one for 2 bucks, I'll give it a shot
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hybrid-Hard-Back-Case-Cover-Motorola-Droid-X-MB810-/290472152301?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item43a17d4ced

Upvote 0
I had that cheap 2 piece case from Amazon...dropped my phone out of my lap getting out of a car over the weekend...case flew off and my phone got a bit scratched on one of the corners. Also, 1 or 2 of the tabs no longer lock shut anymore. I am on the hunt for a thin case that will hold up better...but I do not want a silicon one due to the difficulty with getting them in and out of pockets...

Upvote 0
^^^^I've got that one now, not happy with it at all.
3 of the 6 snaps are broken, granted, I take my case more often then most.
These 2 pc designs are just flimsy, haven't seen one yet that's meant to go on and come back off frequently.
If you put it on and leave it on, like the way it looks and feels, it's probably fine.
I've got 2 other style cases coming, hopefully one of them suits me better.

Upvote 0
^^^^ Is this the one you had? I just ordered it, will post thoughts when I've tried it.

Amazon.com: Rubberized Snap On Hard Case Cover for Motorola DROID X, Black: Everything Else: Reviews, Prices & more

Yes, that's the one. I leave the case on 24/7, never remove it. It's pretty much worthless now after a month or so. The case won't even stay on anymore. I'm not complaining, I spent like $4 or $5 total on it, but I'm just commenting on the quality. Obviously, you're not getting a high quality case. It served me fine for preventing minor nicks and scratches for a month, but I would be very worried if it were to ever drop. It was very thin, however, but obviously you then sacrifice protection.

I ordered the epik case for now and will be receiving it tomorrow. It'll work fine, I'm sure, until I come across something else I like.

Upvote 0
Yes, that's the one. I leave the case on 24/7, never remove it. It's pretty much worthless now after a month or so. The case won't even stay on anymore. I'm not complaining, I spent like $4 or $5 total on it, but I'm just commenting on the quality. Obviously, you're not getting a high quality case. It served me fine for preventing minor nicks and scratches for a month, but I would be very worried if it were to ever drop. It was very thin, however, but obviously you then sacrifice protection.

As long as it will protect my phone once from a drop, I'll be happy. I'm kind of expecting it to break apart on impact but absorb the impact so the phone doesn't feel it, kind of like a race car is designed to break apart on impact?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones