• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinnest Case?

consultant

Aug 13, 2012
Who makes the thinnest case possible for One X? I have Case Mate Bare There. Like it but it does protect top and bottom of phone. I just mainly want something to protect the soft touch part of the phone from scratches.

Perfect would be something as thing as the HTC HC700 Ultra Thin Case but that case has a slippery finish. I want more of a matte/soft touch finish like the phone itself. HTC TPU case is an option, like the green color one but wish there was something a little thinner. I suppose if they made TPU case any thinner it might break apart!

I have a back cover made by a company called ROCK. Even though the company isn't famous, the quality of the cover is outstanding and so is the touch and overall feel. It is a bit slippery, though, so you'll have to watch out or it might slide if you're not careful.

This is it:

ROCK HTC Edge One X S720E nakedshell Naked Color-ful seriesColorful ROCK

I got the white one since I have a HTC One X. It's also extremely slim that my friends don't even recognize that there's a case on. I am not a fan of rubber or silicone cases therefore this was the best choice for me. It's a bit pricey over here, actually more expensive than CAPDASE, but it's very worth it.

Upvote 0
Funny, I just ordered the Rock Sandblast after looking at and watching video reviews of pretty much every case available.

If I didn't care about it extending beyond the screen, the HTC made "Ultra Thin" case is the thinnest but I want a matte/soft-touch surface and those are glossy. Not cheap either.

If I don't like the Rock, then I'll have to go with the Incipio Feather Light case which is same as Case Mate but extends beyond the top and bottom edge of the phone (but not beyond the screen glass like Case Mate)

Upvote 0
That's a good choice. I wasn't familiar with Rock before I got this case even though I was a huge case-junkie when I had iPhones and bought from pretty much every popular brand available locally and online. In my opinion, and after trying several other brands in the past, Rock has superb quality but is a little bit on the pricey side for a company that's still not 'as famous' as the others and is based in China, where labor force is cheap. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones