• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinnest Possible Rubberized Finish

Lobalobo

Jan 8, 2010
My goal is to find the thinnest possible rubberized finish for my Nexus One. I'm not looking for protection, in particular, just to keep the phone from slipping out of my coat pocket when I bend over or out of my hands. I saw a relatively expensive rubberized plastic case advertised as 1mm thick. Is that the best I can do or would one of those silicone cases be thinner still? I do care that the case not cover any functioning openings, including the noise reduction hole, and I do want a snug fit, but thin is my primary goal.

I got a silicon one off eBay but to be honest I don't even use it. It's about 2-3mm thick and really doesn't look nice at all.
I like thin protectors too but I also have yet to find one.
You could try a skin. I had a skin on my iPhone (Gela Skin) and that worked nicely although mainly for light protection against scratches. It didn't stop the phone from sliding around in my pocket as it has a shiny finish.

Upvote 0
plastidip.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones