Thinnest Possible Rubberized Finish

Last Updated:

1. Lobalobo

Lobalobo Active Member This Topic's Starter

My goal is to find the thinnest possible rubberized finish for my Nexus One. I'm not looking for protection, in particular, just to keep the phone from slipping out of my coat pocket when I bend over or out of my hands. I saw a relatively expensive rubberized plastic case advertised as 1mm thick. Is that the best I can do or would one of those silicone cases be thinner still? I do care that the case not cover any functioning openings, including the noise reduction hole, and I do want a snug fit, but thin is my primary goal.

Advertisement
  2. Who Cares?

Who Cares? Well-Known Member

I like protection when I'm bending over too. I got one from eBay for cheap. Luckily I haven't had an "accident" yet

3. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I got a silicon one off eBay but to be honest I don't even use it. It's about 2-3mm thick and really doesn't look nice at all.
    I like thin protectors too but I also have yet to find one.
    You could try a skin. I had a skin on my iPhone (Gela Skin) and that worked nicely although mainly for light protection against scratches. It didn't stop the phone from sliding around in my pocket as it has a shiny finish.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The Invisible Shield type products give good grip. Don't get that one though, there's a similar one made by another company that has been reported to fit better.

Maybe someone else can remember (maybe Bodyguardz or Ghost-armor)?

5. cabinets

cabinets Well-Known Member

Best Skins Ever is the least expensive. I prefer the case-mate clear armor over them all though.

6. koolbon

koolbon Active Member

It should be to quite easy to buy them...:D

7. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

8. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

9. ParishyM

ParishyM Well-Known Member

yeah don't let the picture fool you ! i've tried several plasti-dip type products over the years and they never look like that. you always end up with runs, bumps, and a lumpy uneven finish. it's like trying to get a burger that looks like it does on the menu,
    won't happen !