Third replacement, and re-sync question

Last Updated:

1. Scottyent

Scottyent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 2, 2009
    Hello all, so I got my phone replaced today because of a display that flickered out...satisfied that I finally had a phone again (for a day and a half I clearly couldn't use the phone since the display wouldn't turn on), I took my phone from the verizon rep and headed home. This is my third replacement, and one time before everything synced back (apps, wallpaper, everything) and then another time, just purhcased apps synced back (two.). So I hoped this time would be all of the apps and my wallpapers, but alas it was nothing. Just purchased apps. Is there anyway to control this? Why didn't the rest of my apps sync up?

Unfortunately, this is just for future reference, as the phone they replaced mine with bricked itself. It was randomly resetting which i thought was odd (but had that problem with my second phone), but it wasn't incredibly often, twice on my way home. I assumed it was just working out its new phone kinks, but then when i got home, I put it on the charger, and it wouldn't charge. It stayed on the multimedia dock for an hour, and stayed at 5 percent. Then i took it off and plugged it directly in, this started it charging. But once it got to 20 percent, i did the 2.0.1 firmware update (it came with 2.0), and this caused the triangle with the exclamation to come up. I left it alone, hoping it was installing, but after 15 minutes, i just tapped the sleep button. It restarted, and has been in a restart cycle ever since. It resets regularly, and won't turn on. It just goes to a blank not lit screen, and then occasionally resets. I'm so fed up at this point, replacing a phone with a bricked phone. I don't know what to do, should i switch to eris?

2. RunningOnEmpty

RunningOnEmpty Active Member

Dec 23, 2009

You payed $200 for the DROID (I assume) and you shouldn't have to settle for anything less than the DROID.

Why should you have to suffer because of them? I'd take it back again and get another one. I don't care if I was going up there twice a day. As a consumer you should demand to have what you payed for. If verizon keeps handing out faulty phones, then just for the principal I'd keep getting it replaced until you get one that works.

Thats what you payed for. And if I was you, then damnit I'm gonna get what the hell I payed for.

Just my .02 :rolleyes: