• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

third times a charm?:(

kazandra47

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
Hi everyone, I'm finally posting a thread. I am on my THIRD HTC EVO, so it is definitely time.

The first evo fell 1.5 weeks after I purchased it and its screen SHATTERED. It was rooted, beautiful, and I didn't let it go until over a month later. I received my replacement device, which was loaded with 2.2, and protected it with the Sheidio innocase active limited edition (I think that's the whole long name) which did a FANTASTIC job. I was busy at a new job in a new city (I moved from LA to NYC) so I hadn't rooted yet, but I was very happy with my new evo. THEN it happened. My shiny new Evo was stolen right out of my office.I held out for the security tapes, I wished, I promised my soul to the phone gods, but no such luck. This is what I get for taking a non-profit job at an "at-risk" public high school.

It had all of my photos from the move (I forgot my camera in LA), all of my new business and "cool-person-I-met-on-the-subway" contacts, two agendas, music, etc. Did I have this backed up? No. My laptop had a virus issue and I was holding off. MISTAKE. I have no idea what to do now. Can I recover anything at all through android software magicalness? HELP.

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones