• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "This app is not compatible with your device"

Android1993

Aug 26, 2011
So the title say it all. I'm looking for apps in both the phones market and the desktop market. If the app is not compatible it just doesn't show up on the phone market at all, on the desktop market it grays out my phone when I try to purchase something and says my phone isn't compatible. Now why are some HD gameloft games compatible but others aren't, I know it isn't an issue between whether the phone can handle the games, because it could. I know there has to be a work around or fix for this, I've been searching for answers to this and it seems many phones have this issue and the work around differs according to the phone you have.

Ok here is your solution, flash the thunderbolt build prop. Then download (w/purchase) it on phone, after that you can also download other exclusive stuff on phone and computer.
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/405837-thunderprop-build-prop-market-access.html

Remember though, this will not work on CM7! It only works on the stock rom and the variations of said rom.

P.S. writing gameloft is a dead end. They never responded to me about the same thing a month ago, hence the thunderprop was born

Reactions: IJOY94
Upvote 0
jollyroger87: understood. That begs the question though, why would one want to purchase some software when the developer can't even provide a response? I would be weary of purchasing something like that which couldn't be done via the Market - because, if it doesn't work, what protection do you have to get your money back?

I mean the investment is small, but what is the real reason for the incompatibility? if the developer could not say, I'd pass.

Upvote 0
jollyroger87: understood. That begs the question though, why would one want to purchase some software when the developer can't even provide a response? I would be weary of purchasing something like that which couldn't be done via the Market - because, if it doesn't work, what protection do you have to get your money back?

I mean the investment is small, but what is the real reason for the incompatibility? if the developer could not say, I'd pass.

Honestly they probably just haven't gotten around to adding it.

Upvote 0
Ok here is your solution, flash the thunderbolt build prop. Then download (w/purchase) it on phone, after that you can also download other exclusive stuff on phone and computer.
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/405837-thunderprop-build-prop-market-access.html

Been using this the past few days. Thank you! I'm seeing a few more apps on my market. Besides all of the Gameloft apps, I was able to finally download crackle, also a few other minor apps I don't care for show up.

BTW I just needed this to purchase the 3 on sale Gameloft apps, when Gameloft throws an app on sale for only $1 I feel I have to get my hands on it because I would never pay the full $7. Thank you again! Now I just need a bigger SD card to download the extra data then test the apps out to see if they work properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones