This backorder issue is really absurd!!!1!!one!!!General

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry guys i know this is a wasted thread, but i need to vent to someone. Family and friends really don't understand lol

I dont care what the reason or excuse is (hardware shortage, whatever)! I just want my damn phone.

My absolute worst fear is that I wont like it! I mention that because I had the exact same anticipation and delay issues on my Storm 1 .... for nearly a year i was the biggest fanboy they could have had. Anyone I ran into heard "Wait til the Storm releases, it will rule the world!"

Then i got it, and it SUCKED!

Im on a Moto Droid right now, and decided to switch to the dInc when its in stock .. now for 2 months im building it up in my head, to my wife, all friends, colleagues .. im afraid i get it, and a week later im back on the Droid :(

Anyhow i just needed to vent to someone. Sorry to eat up forum space on this nonsense.

Anyone else feelin me on this? lol

Advertisement
  2. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

I played around on a few friends' droid before getting the d.i.

You'll like it. :) it's not perfect, but you'll like it. A LOT.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

androidized likes this.
  3. parkschr

parkschr Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you. I have been talking this phone up to my wife, family, and friends. I want this phone bad. I have even gone to the Verizon store to play with it.

My DI is scheduled to come at the end of June and I worry a little that I won't like it. My current phone is a LG Voyager. So going to a smart phone and paying the additional amount does have me worried a little.

So I just keep reading everything I can on this forum, good and bad, and try asking lots of questions.

I feel your pain.

4. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

You should not be worried, it is well worth the wait and you will love it!!! ;)

5. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

Check around you might find one in stock at a local B.B. or Verizon or even Walmart. and don't go on website inventory because Best Buy's website said they were sold out, but I called the store and they had one in stock.

6. rsarno

I live in NY ... checked most stores within a 1 hour drive, nothing :(

7. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I really do wish that whomever is responsible for there being a shortcoming of phones (VZW/HTC... whatever) would have had their s#!t together for this launch. This is arguably the best phone to be released this year and there are leigons of people still waiting for it. Not good planning at all.

For those that are still waiting... I implore you to be patient. The Incredible is all it's cracked up to be.

8. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

of course you'll like it. but you might as well just wait now and get the Droid X when it drops in a few weeks. You can probably preorder soon and not have to worry about whether or not you get one.

9. PatrickBatemanVP

PatrickBatemanVP Active Member

Agreed, my D Inc doesn't ship out til 6/18 so since I will have 30 days to try it out, I'll see what the initial reviews of the Droid X are and decide which one to keep for good.

10. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Verizon is getting hurt by the shortage. The Inc was supposed to be HUGE, but two things are killing it:

1. Too many devices being announced that are close to the replenishment date. Most people will probably say shrew it and wait.

2. Samsung screwed HTC over, since they are gearing up for change-over to super OLED and want the capacity that the current displays tech (plain OLED) is taking up. Samsung wants to launch the Galaxy S all over the world and to as many carriers that will take it- both CDMA and GSM.

11. jryan727

jryan727 Well-Known Member

Sorry dude! I didn't even know about the shortage when I bought mine. I just decided last week that I wanted to get rid of my blackberry, I knew a bit about Android, so I looked around, found out the Inc was recently released, loved the specs, loved the videos, so I went to a few VZW stores and found out they were all out of stock. I then called a few BestBuys, and found one near me that had them in stock! Shot over there and bought mine! Couldn't have been easier. Now I'm reading about all of these people waiting months to get theirs, and I can't believe it!! Give BB a shot, you can always cancel your Verizon order

12. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

I do not think it is just samsung I think HTC has something to do with it as well. There were shortages on the Desire in EU when it hit and it uses the same pannel. And I suspect since the Desire is going to multi carriers and the Incredible is only going to one they are using more of the pannels on Desires than Incredibles. It only makes business sense piss off one company rather than many.

13. Lee ohh

Lee ohh Member

I also came from an LG voyager! Have had this phone since launch and I love it!! You won't regret it! Trust!
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

14. Railz

Railz Well-Known Member

I always see these threads and am still thankful that I got the phone the way I did. I had recieved one of those "upgrade now and save blah blah" things in the mail. It listed some pointless smartphones in the bottom, none I wanted, so I just went to the Vzw store on the way home to ask about it. Having heard about the incredible on engadget, not much more, I just asked when it was coming out, boom, they had it (it was April 28th). Guy handed me the phone and I was blown away by how much faster it was then the Droid.

15. davidnc

davidnc Member

I ordered the incredible a week ago and it is suppose to be in my hands at the end of the month (maybe sooner) .I think they are catching up on the backorders too so Im thinking in another month say at the first of July the wait wont be as long as it is now :)

16. androidized

androidized Active Member

I think that reading other reviews on google or some videos on youtube about the phone you want will help you to decide.

17. murmur11

murmur11 Active Member

I feel your pain.. I'd waited for 17 days to have my dinc in my hand.. but you won't be disappointed... I normally skip anything says "backorder" and never waited that long for a phone before but well worth the wait for this one imo..

18. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

19. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

so glad i ordered it early or i'd still have my crummy blackberry

if i had been hit with these delays i would have cancelled and waited a bit for the upcoming motorola/htc devices set for july/august

20. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I was one of the lucky ones that grabbed one off the Verizon wireless website as soon as it came out (the website had avail. date of 5/16 at the time but I got mine by like 5/2). I think part of the reason I got mine was that I was a former Alltel customer who was contracting directly with Verizon for the first time and I think they had a certain number of the phones set aside for Alltel up-graders at that point, but I could be wrong. There seem to be a number of factors coming together at the same time causing the shortage.. the two biggest factors being parts shortages on screens and an underestimation of just how popular this phone was going to be.. they did massively underestimate how many people were going to want this phone immediately.

21. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately VZW is not letting people cancel who have placed orders with them only to find them at BB a day or a couple of days later.

22. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

23. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Correction - its not just wanting the X, but "needing" it, per his quote. Personally, i cant see anything to "need" over the inc, but I am all ears for valid reasons. :D

24. rsarno

Is "X" the same one im thinking of, thats basically like the dInc but slightly larger, and made of the Metal found on MotoDroid?

That would be pretty sweet i guess

25. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

Always good to have a vent thread. I currently in the market for a phone and would be a Verizon customer right now but I just can't stomach the phone being on backorder for song and newer phones on the horizon. =/