This camera SUCKS!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2010-06-21 02:26:45
  1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I get the image I wanna shoot, click the button...1 , 2.....snap. The shutter speed is pure trash! I have a kid and there is no way to use this to capture an image. Literally a second or more before the shutter closes. My iPhone was slow as well, but surely quicker than this.
    Maybe these companies should worry less about megapixels and focus on useability.

Advertisement
  2. Novoken

Novoken Well-Known Member

I dont have that issue weird.
  3. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Dude it's a camera phone, they will never replace a good stand alone camera.

Although you shouldn't be having problems that bad, my Eris shoots great pictures whenever i go to concerts.
  4. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously?

If I tap focus mine (press the screen on the area of the image you want to focus on) and then hit the button, it's almost instant. It does take about 2 seconds to focus lock, but so does my $5k DSLR with a zoom lens.

Overall, the image quality isn't all that - especially with Auto White Balance on, but for the most part, best Droid camera I've used.
  5. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Yea seriously no complaints here, I think shutting off auto focus might help the op but I just took done phenomenal photos this weekend with both the rear and front facing camera!
    Putty likes this.
  6. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

^ I agree...I've shut off auto-focus and set my ISO at 200 and the pics look really good. And it responds pretty quickly as well.
  7. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

That did it. Autofocus was killing me. Chalk this one up to user error.

Thanks!!
  8. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I am glad you got it sorted.

Please do me one favor. Next time, hold off on condemning the phone until after you have posted issue and the community tries to help you. Just given the environment, threads starting out X sucks is just not necessary.
    rvc89 likes this.
  9. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Appreciate the forum Etiquette as well.
  10. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Some of these thread titles are getting a little out of hand. Really sends a bad message to new android users
  11. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Well, I got this phone on release day at 7am. I have been taking pics with it getting pissed off each and every time. Today, my wife bought a big watermelon and my 1yr old was sitting on it. I grabbed the EVO, went to snap. pause pause, missed the shot. As I filled with rage, I made this post.
  12. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

problem solved, thread closed for business..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.