This forum banned by orange!

Last Updated:

1. tbontour

tbontour New Member This Topic's Starter

Just tried to access this forum from my new hero on orange and orange safeguard pops up and says its only suitable for people over 18! Somewhat bemused i sent a review request and they texted back confirming its only suitable for people over 18! Now using my old sony ericsson on 3, which is fine. Why??!

Advertisement
  2. Mansn

Mansn Well-Known Member

Bizarre. Perhaps someone once posted the word sex in the forum somewhere ...

SEX!!! BAD!!!

3. xiutian

xiutian Active Member

Or maybe the words "flash" or "flashing" LOL

4. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

why not jus get age verified?

edit- i jus tried it on my hero, im on orange and it works. get ringing 150

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It's not just Android Forums; I found most of the ones I'd been used to accessing previously were blocked. Orange CS were very apologetic - it's an automatic thing that kicks in even on existing tariffs if (like me) you need a new SIM. More than a bit annoying when it should be simple to pull DoB confirmation from your account details. I guess it's a compliment in a way, seeing as I'm not a kick-in-the-pants off 3x their age limit! :D

You can disable it from 'Your Account' on the Orange web site btw.

6. jeremyabel

jeremyabel Member

Yeah I was the same. It seemed to be any forum - I tried ones for flight sim, android, astronomy, aircraft scale modelling - anything. A quick call to customer service sorted it.

Seems they default to any forum = bad. Not a major problem, but as you say a check with your DOB could have prevented it. Like yhou I'm more than double the age limit :)

I suppose we can't really quibble if it stops underagers getting to the really nasty stuff...

Cheers,
    J.

7. daveparki

daveparki New Member

hi all.......it is called orange safeguard, it takes 2 minutes to remove it by calling 150, or if you have set an online account go to change my details....... it is to protect younger family member from seeing unrestricted comments if they pick up their parents phones.....

8. tbontour

tbontour New Member This Topic's Starter

Yup - done. Just annoying to have to phone Orange when they know perfectly well that I'm over 18 and why ban a techy forum anyway?? Anyway I've nt lost any sleep over it :rolleyes: