This is driving me bonkers now!!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. Leepy

Leepy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Ive had my Desire for about a week now and on the whole i love it but just lately it has been doing some wierd stuff, although after trawling through some of the threads on here that may not come as a surprise:D For example last night the battery had 85% charge and all was good, 15 minutes later i took it out of my pocket and it had switched itself off, so i tried switching it back on, the main screen came up and the battery indicator was red and told me to attach a charger (which ofcourse i didnt have) so after it shut down i left it for about an hour then tried turning it on again, this time it started up fine and the battery levels were exactly where they were supposed to be.

This has also happened when ive charged it overnight with the unit switched off, the indicator light was flashing between red and green and then when turned on the battery image in the top right was greyed out with an exclamation mark on it. So again i leave it off and turn it back on later and everything is hunky dorey.

Does anybody have any clues for me

thanks

Advertisement
  2. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Get it checked out/replaced under warranty :)

3. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

I agree that it does sound like a possible battery fault or maybe charging fault so I'd get it replaced by the retailler if possible. I knwo I have not had any issues with my battery, as have a load of other people.

4. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Leepy - sounds very odd and not common AFAIK. I would return to store and get a new one.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

This thread has a topic. The OP set that topic when he created it. If you have nothing to add to the topic then do not post. It is really that simple.

Let me also remind everyone that this is an international and multicultural forum. While it may be based in the US, we have members from all over the world and since English is not the primary language in many of those countries a little understanding and tolerance is expected for those communicating in a second or possibly third language.

Now, would someone be so kind as to offer Leepy a little help?

6. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Could ot be a bad connection between phone and battery ?,or just plain loose.

7. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

Fair point and apologies for my part in it but I would add that my first post did actually respond to the OP but you've now deleted it :) I did advise that it could be a battery fault or an issue with the charging process. Thanks.

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Fair enough, I edited out the off topic stuff and put your post back up.

dajomel likes this.
  9. Leepy

Leepy New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys for your thoughts. Funnily enough it seems to have sorted itself out now, I noticed on the battery app that it said it was overheating so i looked on the forum to see if anybody else had this and some people said the SD card was getting hot. So just as a test i took the SD card out and run the phone without it for awhile, but it still produced the same problem, i put the card back in and it has been fine ever since.........go figure :confused:

The question is now do i get if replaced anyway under warranty or do i just let it go and see how i get on?

10. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

I'd get it replaced. You've only had your phone for about a week, so they will pretty much swap it with almost no questions asked. If it starts doing it again in a month, they probably wont & you will probably have to go through the hassle of sending it back to HTC.