This is driving me CRAZY! I have no idea how to fix this.Support

Last Updated:

1. VagabondDroid

VagabondDroid New Member This Topic's Starter

OK, here's what happened. I currently use Google Voice and haven't had an issue for the past 4 months of doing so. Well the other day, somehow someway I'm still not sure how I did it but I accidentally sent a text to my voicemail. Problem is, it was sent to my unused verizon voicemail. I now have a message icon from verizon voicemail in my alert bar that I can't get to go away. When I pull down the alert menu it shows (1) new voicemail in my box. It's the *86 box, not the google voice box. When I press *86, I get connected to my voicemail like it's being called and asking me to leave a message, it's not giving me the option of deleting whats in the box. So, I still have this icon in my notification bar and I can't get rid of it. Suggestions/help? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

You could try changing the setting in Google Voice to use Verizon as your voicemail provider, call and delete the message, and then switch back.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

When you use *86 which voicemail box is it calling? If that calls your verizon voicemail then you should be able to press * while it is playing your voicemail message and then enter your pin number. I don't remember if that is the exact process but it should be something like that.

If *86 is calling your google voicemail box then you would need to disable the forwarding to google voice so it calls your verizon voicemail.