This is getting out of hand - Text messaging errorsSupport

Last Updated:

1. dz93

dz93 Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked all over google and maybe it's just my poor searching skills but I can't find a post anywhere relating to the problem i am having with my Droid X. I am on the Verizon Wireless Network and when I try to send a text message every so often (at least 25 - 40 times a day) I will receive an error saying Message Not Sent with a notification asking me to click on it and review the unsent message. Which is alright I can just resend the message. The problem is this message appears when it shouldn't. I'll send a text and about 1min later after the text has been sent it will just pop up. Sometimes it'll pop up right after sending a text and the text will actually go through even though it said it didn't so when I go to resend it the person will receive the same text twice sometimes more. On rare occasions my phone will also send a text which appears to go through perfectly fine but on the other persons end they will receive three texts of the same message even though I only sent one. The SMS system on the droid is so unbelievably buggy.

On a side note while I'm texting my contacts on my droid will randomly disappear and I can't import or add any contacts until I reboot my phone. Rebooting the phone will result in the contacts coming back without having to restore or reimport but it does this maybe 3 - 4 times a day. I saw a list of notable errors in Froyo however I did not see anything about the contact errors I've been having and the Text messaging errors I've been having as well.

I know for a fact other droid owners are having the same text messaging problem. I get hear complaints from almost all my friends about it. Even people using other droids such as the Droid 1 and 2. It's getting out of hand since it seems to be happening more and more every day and I don't even know if a fix is being made. This NEEDS to be fixed. I use my phone mainly for texting and when my contacts don't even work without a reboot I am unable to contact someone incase of an emergency. It concerns me that not too many people have reported this issue even tho I know plenty of people having the problem.

I just want a confirmation that this problem is known and a fix is in the works. I can't take it much longer. I've had this problem ever since I installed the leaked Froyo on my droid X. I am now running official Froyo so I know its a 2.2 problem. Anyways I just wanted to get this out there. Anyone else having this problem as well please let me know.

Advertisement
  2. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

i have not had any problem like this...and i asked my friends that have various versions of the Droid (D1, D2, Inc) and none of them have had any similar problems....

The only thing even CLOSE to what you're experiencing that ive seen is occasionally if i click to send a SMS, and i receive one as im hitting the button...or RIGHT after i hit the send button...occasionally the SMS i just tried to send will fail...but it has always seemed more like a Verizon issue rather than a Android/DroidX issue...

3. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

never had this problem..

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

no issues here.

5. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I get issues when I try to send texts to someone's email in handcent, and when I go to the standard text app it will send the message at least twice. but nothing as bad as yours... Only thing I can think of would be a factory reset?

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me once, not with my X though. I was in the B&N in New Hartfod, CT. For whatever reason I didn't get any service in that store with my Eris. Even when I did everything would work except SMS. As soon as I would leave the store all would be fine. Does this happen with your phone everywhere?

7. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I've had a few texts fail as well, nothing as bad as what you're describing though - always just figured it was a Verizon/weak signal issue. I sure wish the native texting app had a "resend" option....

8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I get it only when I'm in an area with bad reception.

ie: the message didn't get sent because of bad signal.
    Maybe check your signal strength.

9. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

I have one contact that my phone usually won't text, but other than that and the time stamp issue in handcent I have no issues like you described.

10. dz93

dz93 Member This Topic's Starter

Sometimes I'll get it when I receive a msg right as I send one but there's times (like just now) where I send it and about 30 seconds to a minute later it'll come up saying it didn't send. And a few minutes ago it didn't send but it actually did because they msged back replying to the msg that supposedly didn't send. Sometimes I'll wait before attempting to resend the msg to see if they text back but they never do until I do resend it. So pretty much I get all kinds of false readings. I do have a rooted phone with custom ROM however I have formatted my phone completely plenty of times to different roms etc and have always had that problem. Even before root I had this issue so it's not me playing around with my phone that's causing the problem. And my friend with the Droid 2 doesn't even know what root is so there's no way they did anything like that to theirs. I do, however, text quite a few people. Maybe 3 - 5 at a time. It can get pretty messed up sometimes where it actually isn't sending because I'm recieving one but the phone I had before the Droid X was a Blackberry Storm 2 which was a really nice phone and I rarely had problems with messages not sending. I even would text 5 - 7 people at a time once on my blackberry and it did a great job sending and receiving without problems. I just don't understand what makes the Droid have this problem. Or at least my droid. In my experience the Messaging system on the Droid is a big downgrade from Blackberry. Not complaining or anything but I was disappointed when I first got the phone. It's no big deal. All it is in the end is just flat out annoying. I was hoping maybe it was a known problem that was gonna get fixed sometime soon or something like that but it appears that I'll be stuck with this issue for a long time.