This is how you disable 4g/lte and enable 3g on lg connect.Tips

Last Updated:

1. MIAMIviaQUEENS

MIAMIviaQUEENS New Member

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN THE 4G/LTE ON YOUR LG CONNECT TEMPORALILY AND USE 3G INSTEAD...I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU RIGHT HERE.....LOOK NO FURTHER.

1) GO TO YOUR PLAYSTORE APP ON YOUR CONNECT.
    2) IN THE SEARCH TYPE IN 2G-3G ONOFF. (YES I KNOW IT SAYS 2G/3G BUT TRUST ME...IT WILL WORK!!!)
    3) AFTER YOU'VE DONE THAT YOU SHOULD SEE THE APP CALLED 2G-3G ONOFF BY CURVEFISH.
    4) OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO DOWNLOAD THE APP RIGHT AWAY.
    5) ONCE YOU'VE DOWNLOADED THE APP YOU'RE GOING TO GO TO YOUR HOMESCREEN AND PRESS DOWN UNTIL YOUR WIDGETS/SHORTCUTS/FOLDERS/WALLPAPERS OPTION COMES UP.
    6) YOU'RE GOING TO USE THE WIDGETS OPTION SO SCROLL THE LIST UNTIL YOU FIND THE 2G-3G ONOFF WIDGET. ONCE YOU FIND IT YOU'RE GOING TO SELECT IT SO IT APPEARS ON YOUR HOMESCREEN.
    7) NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE 2G-3G WIDGET ON YOUR HOMESCREEN YOUR GOING TO GENTLY TOUCH THAT PARTICULAR WIDGET.
    8) NOW THAT YOU'VE SELECTED THAT WIDGET YOU SHOULD SEE NETWORK MODE/SYSTEM SELECT/ACCESS POINT NAMES. YOU'RE GOING TO CLICK ON NETWORK MODE.
    9) THE NEXT THING YOU SHOULD SEE IS LTE/CDMA AND CDMA ONLY. YOUR PHONE SHOULD ALREADY BE ON LTE/CDMA.
    10) YOU'RE GOING TO SELECT CDMA ONLY. ONCE YOU'VE DONE THAT YOU WILL SEE YOUR 4G INDICATOR ON YOUR TASKBAR DISAPPEAR TEMPORARILY. AFTER WAITING A COUPLE OF SECONDS YOU SHOULD SEE EV INSTEAD OF 4G. YOU HAVE NOW SUCCESSFULLY DISABLED YOUR 4G AND NOW YOUR'RE ON 3G MODE. IN ORDER FOR YOU TO ACTIVATE YOUR 4G AGAIN JUST CLICK ON THE WIDGET AND SELECT LTE/CDMA AND YOU WILL RESTORE YOUR 4G SPEED.

*If you're wondering why your indicator says EV instead of 3g well the answer is pretty simple. EV is 3G. You will learn alot about it just by using GOOGLE search and typing in "EV on cellphone".

I hope this post has been beneficial in helping to preserve your battery life. We all know that 4g drains the hell out of your battery. This will definitely help.

Advertisement
    cjinca and BlueMuscles like this.
  2. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

i use anycut
  3. MIAMIviaQUEENS

I have used ANYCUT on my Samsung Galaxy Indulge and I loved it. But when I recently purchased the LG Connect and looked for it in PLAYSTORE...it didn't show up....I don't know.
  4. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

Anycut is in the Amazon app store. Google play store has BetterCut, I know the reviews on that are crap but I haven't had any problems with it.
  5. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

You can also use quicksettings.
  6. MIAMIviaQUEENS

I tried to retrieve ANYCUT in Amazon Store App...still nothing. I fine with this app but I appreciate the effort...Thank you... @ TheW....I will look into that one as well.
  7. MIAMIviaQUEENS

I just tried the QuickSettings app. It has the same type of option to toggle between 3g/4g...nice.
  8. Gadget Lovers

Gadget Lovers Well-Known Member

BlueMuscles likes this.
  9. myshkin

Extended Controls also has it & then you can put it in your status bar & not have to use a spot on your home screen. Lots of options.
  10. X2Damon

X2Damon Member

I like 4g toggle, its on the market, real simple
    BlueMuscles likes this.
  11. LightenLhar

LightenLhar Well-Known Member

Quick settings works fine, turning off 4g and 3g is already there if it's available. Turning that off as well is the tricky bit :p

Side note, all caps is the second most horrible thing on the internet to read (next to youtube comments); I couldn't make it past number three. Just sayin'
  12. myshkin

Bahahaha, you don't like being yelled at? I don't know why that made me laugh, but I needed it. Thanks!
  13. gmpwolf

gmpwolf Well-Known Member

Why would someone want to go from 4g to 3g?
  14. myshkin

1. To save battery life
    2. If it keeps toggling between the two on it's own & you want something stable
  15. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Well-Known Member

4g toggle in play store
  16. myshkin

So, many toggle apps when you can customize your own with 1 app extended controls.
  17. meksyk

meksyk Active Member

I've tried several of the above mentioned apps, but I was looking for a one button toggle

is there any, because all that I have tried requires u to go to settings
  18. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Do you want to just turn off data or switch between 3gcdma/4glte?

There is no app I know of to switch cdma/lte without opening the setting window but I know for a fact that the data toggle works on widgetsoid.
  19. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

can you customize the look of the shortcut it makes? Like to matching your theme?
  20. Thaking22

Thaking22 Member

this acually works
  21. Sterlsilver

Sterlsilver Well-Known Member

Weird. when i use a toggle app i get 1x and not EV like i used to :(
  22. flakito97

flakito97 Well-Known Member

Or do what I do and just dial ##626* go under Network Type and select cdma/evdo auto. No app download needed :)
  23. Sterlsilver

Sterlsilver Well-Known Member

Ok now it's asking my security code.
  24. flakito97

flakito97 Well-Known Member

Ummm yea you need your spc code. Using MEID converter from the market use your ESN code found under About phone.
  25. TonyConvict

TonyConvict Well-Known Member

I also get 1x and not EV can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong?