This is how you FIX your headphone not working problem guys and gals!

Last Updated:

1. ScumPuppy

ScumPuppy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My headset suddenly stopped working, was about to get the handset replaced when I found a way of repairing this myself.. seems its simply a software fault which should get fixed in the next firmware update, until this happens this is how you fix it:

first enable installation of non market place apps by going into settings > applications > and then ticking Unknown Sources

then.. open your web browser on your phone and type in the following:

http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/

you will then see a link to download the ToggleHeadset widget

once downloaded and installed add a new widget to your home screen, select Android Widget and then select Headet Toggle Widget

you will then have a button on your home screen to turn the headset on and off

This has now fixed the headset not working for me.. I imagine it will work for everyone else

enjoy =)

Advertisement
    rob200375 and terry_404 like this.
  2. ScumPuppy

Is it possible for the mods to 'sticky' this thread? might help alot of HTC Hero owners ;)

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I put a search tag on the thread ... which makes it very easy to find

4. ScumPuppy

cheers mate - next best thing ;)

5. donjaber

donjaber New Member

I'm using a Nexus One and have the same headset-not-toggling problem. I realized that locking and unlocking the phone resets the headset to the right setting.

I'm playing music through the headset and then remove the headset, no sound comes out of either speaker or handset. I lock and unlock the phone, and find the music paused. Resuming the music should output sound through the speakers.

or

I'm playing music through the speakers and then put in the headset, no sound comes out of the headset. I lock and unlock the phone and the music switches to the headset.

It took me a little while before noticing this hack.

6. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Installing the Toggler widget works, but it's quite inconvenient having to turn the toggler on and off every time you want to use your phone with or without the headset. There's one simple way to fix this without having to install any programs. Simple unplug the headset from your phone and turn the phone off and back on until it works. It might take a few tries but it works. I read on a site, can't remember which one, that you need to remove the battery to reset the whole phone, but I never done it and it still works.

Also, before you turn your phone off for whatever reason, make sure that the headphone jack is unplugged. For some reason, turning off the phone while the headset is connected to the phone, it will make the phone not to recognize the headset after you turn the phone back on.

This works for me and I hope it works for all of you as well! and if it doesn't, I guess you can always download the widget mentioned above! =]

7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Sorry, didnt quite catch that. Can you speak up a bit?

8. terry_404

terry_404 New Member

hi there guys...

thank you soo much for this...
    This happened to my HTC Legend a few weeks ago... its on android 2.1

The stupid HTC support made me do all kinds of crap, like a factory reset (which now broke my facebook contact sync)...

Anyways... I installed this toggle switch and I have control over my phone again :)....

wish I had found this before contacting HTC support...

Thanks a million again !!!