This is how you Root the Pantech Flex P8010

1. donavan01

donavan01 Active Member

Advertisement
    D-U-R-X and AndroidDaytona like this.
  2. jSterling

jSterling New Member

Excellent, thank you tons. I'm going to get this rooted and I'm starting on a ROM tonight, now I do have a family and a full-time job. This is definetly going to be all I do in the free time I do have, this is such a great phone, price aside, it burns holes in my old HTC phones and my Nitro HD, I was very surprised how snappy it is, I don't even have an urge to overclock this phone. Now I do have a problem with the camera, but hopefully I will be able to fix that.

Anyway, keep on the look out for my first ROM thanks to donaven for the root :) This phone can't be ignored like it has been, it's my first pantech and I love it more then any other phone I've had!
  3. str8stryk3r

str8stryk3r Well-Known Member

So yeah. I've tried rooting this this phone following the instructions and nothing seems to be working for me. I think I got adb setup properly because i make it all the way to the part that says I should see "OSCAR01111112001580 device" I continue on with the instructions and then it hangs at the part that says "If all is successful I will tell you, if not this shell will run forever." I don't get a prompt on my phone to reboot or restore or whatever it said. So any suggestions?

EDIT~~ I removed the sd card and it made it a little further but at the end of everything it says "mount: permission denied (are you root?) Then just says exit so I have no idea what to proceed in doing.
  4. atadres

atadres Member

hmm ok i was having issues too when i used wubi with zubuntu and ubuntu on my amd laptop try using Linux mint ? that worked for me
    str8stryk3r likes this.
  5. str8stryk3r

str8stryk3r Well-Known Member

That seemed to have done the trick, according to root checker at least. Appreciate the info.
  6. atadres

atadres Member

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2
    Sure man not a problem
  7. atadres

atadres Member

Ps don't forget we have a custom recovery over at xda :) we need rom builders

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2