Root This is how you Root the Pantech Flex P8010

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by donavan01, Nov 22, 2012.

1. donavan01

donavan01 Active Member

May 4, 2011

Advertisement

D-U-R-X and AndroidDaytona like this.
  2. jSterling

jSterling New Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Male
    Sales Agent
    Excellent, thank you tons. I'm going to get this rooted and I'm starting on a ROM tonight, now I do have a family and a full-time job. This is definetly going to be all I do in the free time I do have, this is such a great phone, price aside, it burns holes in my old HTC phones and my Nitro HD, I was very surprised how snappy it is, I don't even have an urge to overclock this phone. Now I do have a problem with the camera, but hopefully I will be able to fix that.

Anyway, keep on the look out for my first ROM thanks to donaven for the root :) This phone can't be ignored like it has been, it's my first pantech and I love it more then any other phone I've had!

3. str8stryk3r

str8stryk3r Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    St. Augustine, Fla
    So yeah. I've tried rooting this this phone following the instructions and nothing seems to be working for me. I think I got adb setup properly because i make it all the way to the part that says I should see "OSCAR01111112001580 device" I continue on with the instructions and then it hangs at the part that says "If all is successful I will tell you, if not this shell will run forever." I don't get a prompt on my phone to reboot or restore or whatever it said. So any suggestions?

EDIT~~ I removed the sd card and it made it a little further but at the end of everything it says "mount: permission denied (are you root?) Then just says exit so I have no idea what to proceed in doing.

4. atadres

atadres Member

Nov 2, 2012
    hmm ok i was having issues too when i used wubi with zubuntu and ubuntu on my amd laptop try using Linux mint ? that worked for me

str8stryk3r likes this.
  5. str8stryk3r

str8stryk3r Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    St. Augustine, Fla
    That seemed to have done the trick, according to root checker at least. Appreciate the info.

6. atadres

atadres Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2
    Sure man not a problem

7. atadres

atadres Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Ps don't forget we have a custom recovery over at xda :) we need rom builders

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

Tags: