This is not normal is it? (Battery)Support

1. ShadowK

ShadowK New Member

This is after a 8 hour sleep (uncharged).
    I'm guessing this is not right because when I 1st got the phone, the battery life was 10x better.

Should I buy a replacement battery?

Thank you for the help!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

battery should be fine.. but im wondering what would make the kernel suck so much life out.. are you rooted or have you modded the device in any way?

also imho i would consider getting rid of any battery/app monitoring apps because in my own experience they seem to do more harm than help.. just a suggestion ;)
  3. ShadowK

ShadowK New Member

The phone is not rooted / modded in any way (just a couple apps)

Do you think a factory reset is a good start?
  4. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

if you dont mind starting over than yeah i think it would be a good start.. have you checked your built in batter stats? see if it llists anything else?
  5. Xk56gu

Xk56gu New Member

I had issues with different apps using battery during the night and found it hard to deal with them ( one was doubleTwist). So I downloaded Battery Guru from Qualcomm. It spent a week learning my useage and then dramatically improved my battery life, telling me what it had done. I think it is worth a trial by anyone.
  6. bIOforger

bIOforger Well-Known Member

I agree with @LDrifta some battery apps seem to do more harm than good. I've tried them all, back to back comparisons with and without, there's usually no difference or a minimal difference. I really believe some people fall for the placebo effect when installing some of these apps. The ones which close apps down like battery doctor are a waste of time as Android manages this pretty well for you in the 1st place and the apps will just reopen again anyway. I just run GSAM now which doesn't manage the apps for tracking and stat purposes. Tried Macrodroid as well to turn off/on wifi when the screen is off/on but even doing that can have a negative impact as its better just to leave it on. The charge that wifi uses is minimal anyway. Turning off data can have its benefits, but i just do this manually. If you have poor cell reception this will eat into your battery as the radio will be constantly checking.