This is strange

Last Updated:

1. Pamela

Pamela Active Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a black and a white MT3g. As you can see the keyboards are different colors. On every review I've watched the keyboard is the color of the black MT3g, more of a blue. The white one I have is gray. Now the black phone has a blue haze on the phone in general that the white one doesn't have, and they are both on the same brightness. What's going on here? :) Below is a different in the wallpapers, the black phone is darker overall, that blue cast. I would say something is up with the black phone but like I mentioned before on all the reviews the keyboard looks like the black phone not the white.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I think it's an illusion brought on by the different chasis colors. My eyes are hazel and if I were certain colors they look blue, yet with other colors, they look green. The eyes themselves don't change, just your perspective.

3. Pamela

Pamela Active Member This Topic's Starter

I posted about this on another board and I got a reponse from one person here:

*quoting*

You started a thread I was just about to do myself, and I am glad I'm not the first to notice this. My wife and Myself have a MT3G. She has a Merlot and I have a black, My wife noticed when our phones were next to each other that mine had a better color "hue" or Sharpness (take your pick) than hers. I looked at them both together and noticed the difference, I notified tmobile and they sent her a brand new replacement. This replacement had the same color issue. I decided to check and see if this was something with the particular model that had the merlot case, I went to my local Tmobile store and to my luck they had the 3 colors on display, all live units. I than began my screen comparisons, I put them all on the same wall papers, adjusted all their brightness to the same setting and put them next to each other. ALL the demo units and my black one had virtually the same exact color match; my wife's merlot was definitely not the same. The assistant store manager saw me playing with all the phone and decided to inquire what I was doing, I showed her and she said she to saw the difference, and it was very obvious to her, she played with my wife's phone to see if there was a setting I missed, and there wasn't. I asked her if she could note my account so when I call Tmobile they wont think Im nuts, she gladly did so.

Tmobile read the notes and overnighted another unit to us, I also asked the rep what if this unit does not work right, what then?. She said she would authorize to do an in store swap at that point, so I agreed to the replacement. Well, the third unit has the same issue, so I took it to the store again yesterday and another store rep said he saw the issue as well, he noted our account, so I have to call them tomorrow to authorize the in store swap.

Here's is one thing I noticed that I can't really confirm, the manufacture date on the back of the sleeve of the box..all my wife's units were built or stamped from 7/16 to 7/17. I to had to swap my black unit out, but because the accelerometer got messed up (kept flipping on its side) but both my screens were fine, and both boxes had dates on them of 6/19 and 6/22. I am guessing MAYBE something happened in July's production models that changed something in the screen saturation, regardless, it is a problem..and not something I think we should have to just accept.

*end quoting*

I'm having trouble finding the dates but this doesn't seem to good to me but at least makes me feel better I'm not the only one noticing this.