this is the end all be all way of making your battery last all day without shutting everything down

Last Updated:

1. justinholt123

justinholt123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got a battery dock, i placed the battery in it instead of charging via the phone, it lasts all day! thats it, for whatever reason this works. I no longer have to even charge while at work. Its that simple. I know it kinda sucks but oh well. It just has something to do with the way htc has the phone charge for a while and then stop and the rest of the time its back on battery even while on the phone charger.

Advertisement
  2. htclivin

htclivin Member

Where did you purchase the dock from?

3. jsny

jsny Member

Where did you buy it? How much was It? Will the phone stay on w/o the battery in it, yet plugged into the charger?

4. justinholt123

I bought two batterys and the dock on ebay for a total of $12, the seller is from hong kong and his name is ly.world i was afraid it would take forever since it is in hong kong but it took exactly one week from the time i ordered it.

5. justinholt123

I havent tried that, but i can let you know one thing, when the phone is plugged into this particular dock the screen is locked and doesnt do anything, so that would be useless with this particular dock

6. spider055

spider055 Well-Known Member

Which battery did you use, the new one or your original battery that came with your phone. :cool: I just ordered mine Monday. :D

7. Kiesow

Kiesow Member

Nice! Just got mine in today (3 weeks after ordering, lol). I don't have any battery issues but I'll give this a short to see if I can get any more in terms of battery life.

8. justinholt123

I tried all three out to make sure there wasnt just something peculiar going on like the generics are better than the original, and all three work perfectly. I know that some people say look out for generic batteries but mine are really good.

spider055 likes this.
  9. justinholt123

I didnt think i did either, at least nothing to moan about, until i did this and was like wow theres a big difference!

10. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

11. justinholt123

you might google that, the batteries i bought were for either the touchpro2 or tilt2, i just did some research to find out those plus the hero batteries work in the evo, so maybe the hd2 does also

12. mthomas456

mthomas456 Member

Definitely something to this, I get exceptional battery life when my battery is charged in my wife's Hero. Dreadful when its charged in my Evo. I hope there is a better fix for everyone on the horizon besides charging our batteries in other devices.

13. LarryB56

LarryB56 Member

My battery life has been pretty poor. No more than 4-5 hours if using it heavily, maybe 8-12 hours if using it lightly.

Today before leaving work I charged via the USB connection with my work computer instead of charging by plugging it into an outlet which is how I normally charge. Now 9 hours later with light to moderate usage, I am still at 70% charge, by far the best performance I've seen from the battery.

With all the bejillions of ideas about how to improve battery performance, I can't say for sure whether anybody else has noticed a similar difference when charging via USB versus plugging in to an outlet. When I go to bed (in about 1 minute) I'll charge it this way again. If I get a similar improvement in battery life tomorrow, I know how I'll be charging from now on.

14. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Well-Known Member

I have a dock, too. I see no difference whatsoever whether I charge via phone or dock. I am not dissatisfied with my battery life.
    Ron

15. justinholt123

I use my usb to my laptop too, but have not noticed a difference. i just never thought it was really as bad as people said, but when i did this I noticed a HUGE difference.

16. spider055

spider055 Well-Known Member

Yes i must agree with you. I did the same thing and have also notice a big increase in battery life vs charging ac outlet.

17. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

you might have some merit, but you also reboot your phone at the same time so you get a fresh no apps loaded background....