This is the second time I've had to reset my Droid

Last Updated:

1. cyn

cyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All I know is the gold key used for the camera suddenly bought up a quick message screen instead of camera. I reset it day before yesterday, reinstalled my apps, Documents to Go was one of them that you have to select in apps "unknown" to download and install. Then I noticed and "unknown" download and tried to see what it was and noticed my registration for docs to go wasn't there..then noticed a cute shot of my animals, hit the gold key and got the quick message screen.

So I'm assuming that I forgot to go back and remove the "unknown" setting in apps....could that been some type of malware, or is documents to go causing this?thanks

Advertisement
  2. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I've never experienced that. I did see an app once that gave me the option of using the camera button to start a message. I've also seen them to use the camera button to lock the phone, but I haven't heard of any malware that would do such a thing. Documents To Go hasn't caused that for me as of yet and I keep it updated.

3. cyn

all I can say the camera was working yesterday afternoon, no other activity but messaging, calls and pics. This morning "unknown" file downloaded, thought it was an update for D2G, and hense the loss of camera function on the gold button

4. cyn

Got it resolved, installed Documents to Go first, then turned off the "unknown" app function, thanks, Cyn

5. snowman9031

snowman9031 Well-Known Member

seem to have the same problem. When i push gold button ringer volume comes up and then goes to search screen. At times (very few) the camera comes up. Do notice that on the home screen that the search box for google is highlighted after this happens! I do have D2G.

6. cyn

Well I resisted the reset, because in the past it was such a pain, but not bad at all really if you are synced w/ Googles gmail & calendar, you get all your info back. All you have to do is go to the market place, menu, choose downloads, you will see all the apps you downloaded from there to reinstall.

The upside, w/ the reset you fix any other glitchs that aren't obvious; get rid of the apps you tried and don't use...of course the downside, is the reinstallation, but it wasn't bad for me as you can keep selecting to install new apps as the others are getting downloaded and installed...watched Idol, and I don't have as many apps that I don't use draining resourses.

7. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Hmm, that is pretty wierd. I hope I remember this when I have to reset. I left unknown apps enabled because I am always trying out other people's builds and when we were shoe-horning Google Earth to work on 2.0.1, we had to have it enabled. I probably still have it on because I am too lazy to turn it off. -_-