HTTP PD Proxy Address = pd.vog.sprintpcs.com

RTSP Proxy Port = 554
    RTSP Proxy Address = rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com

RTSP proxy IP = rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
    RTSP proxy port = 554
    HTTP proxy IP = pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
    HTTP proxy port = 8085

What is pd proxy?

Virtual Private Network (VPN) & Premium Socks/HTTP Proxies - Virtual Private Network (VPN) & Premium Socks/HTTP Proxies

And what you want to do to fix this requires a nifty little thing called your MSL code, where MSL = Master Subsidy Lock.

Once you have that:

Dial ##3282# (also known as ##DATA#)
    Choose Edit Mode (note: you can enter View Mode at this point without an MSL, it's quite harmless)
    Enter MSL
    Choose Advanced
    Change RTSP proxy IP to: 0.0.0.0
    Change RTSP proxy port to: 0
    Change HTTP proxy IP to: 0.0.0.0
    Change HTTP proxy port to: 0

ere's my step
    ##3282# from dialer
    Go to Data profile
    Reverse tunnel preferred : disable
    DSS proxy server IP Address : 0.0.0.0
    DSS proxy server Port : 0
    Go to advanced
    look at the bottom RSTP/HTTP Setting
    RSTP proxy ip : delete it
    RSTP proxy port : 0
    HTTP proxy IP : delete it
    HTTP proxy port : 0

Turn 4g on, go to the dialer, enter ##3282# click view then click Wimax. Enter your MSL, scroll down and choose extensions from there. This is where you will change certain settings mentioned in the threads above. To change the following edits to suggestions below, just long press the option you want to edit and click write extension.

1. Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Scan_Retry(s)"

2. Enter the number 15 and click "OK" (This equals 15 seconds instead of 120 seconds, stock is )

3. Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Entry_Delay(s)"

4. Enter the number 0 and click "OK" (This equals 0 seconds instead of the stock of 300 seconds)

5. WiMAX_Entry_RX(RSSI)(dBm) - Default is -89. This is the minimum signal it has to be picking up to connect. I'm not sure what the best value here is, but the lower the number, the quicker the connect, since it will connect to a weaker signal. You'll have to experiment some with this, I recommend trying about -95 to -100 first. If it's unstable, raise the value closer to -89.

6. WiMAX_Exit_CINR(dB) - Default is 2. See the entry CINR value for an explanation of it. If the signal degrades to a CINR of 2, it will drop the connection. Change this to 1. This should let you stay connected longer. If you run into problems with staying connected but having an unreliable connection, change it back to 2.

7. WiMAX_Exit_Delay(s) - The default is 2. Since it's measured in seconds, that means if the CINR drops to 2 or below for 2 seconds, it will drop the connection. Raise it to 5. That should be enough to cover just a random drop in signal that will pick back up right away. That way you don't drop connection if you drive under a bridge or something (I'm rocking mine at 15s here, but it'll take any value up to 600 seconds, which is 10 minutes!)

8. EntryCINR, change from 0006 to 0004.

Turn 4g on, go to the dialer, enter ##3282# click view then click Wimax. Enter your MSL, scroll down and choose extensions from there. This is where you will change certain settings mentioned in the threads above. To change the following edits to suggestions below, just long press the option you want to edit and click write extension.

1. Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Scan_Retry(s)"

2. Enter the number 15 and click "OK" (This equals 15 seconds instead of 120 seconds, stock is )

3. Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Entry_Delay(s)"

4. Enter the number 0 and click "OK" (This equals 0 seconds instead of the stock of 300 seconds)

5. WiMAX_Entry_RX(RSSI)(dBm) - Default is -89. This is the minimum signal it has to be picking up to connect. I'm not sure what the best value here is, but the lower the number, the quicker the connect, since it will connect to a weaker signal. You'll have to experiment some with this, I recommend trying about -95 to -100 first. If it's unstable, raise the value closer to -89.

6. WiMAX_Exit_CINR(dB) - Default is 2. See the entry CINR value for an explanation of it. If the signal degrades to a CINR of 2, it will drop the connection. Change this to 1. This should let you stay connected longer. If you run into problems with staying connected but having an unreliable connection, change it back to 2.

7. WiMAX_Exit_Delay(s) - The default is 2. Since it's measured in seconds, that means if the CINR drops to 2 or below for 2 seconds, it will drop the connection. Raise it to 5. That should be enough to cover just a random drop in signal that will pick back up right away. That way you don't drop connection if you drive under a bridge or something (I'm rocking mine at 15s here, but it'll take any value up to 600 seconds, which is 10 minutes!)

8. EntryCINR, change from 0006 to 0004.

Thanks to Geniusdog254 and swatspyder for finding these tweaks!

3g streaming tweaks:

dial ##3282#

Enter MSL

Click on Others

Click on Multimedia

change the following settings to:

RTSP Proxy Address changed to 0.0.0.0

RTSP Proxy Port to 0

HTTPPD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0

HTTPPD Proxy Port to 0

Advertisement
    :
    The~Skater~187 and kevincott like this.
  2. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Some good information here. Much of this info has been floated around in different threads and it is good to be consolidated.

Personally I wonder how much good it is to bypass the Sprint proxy and what the change in safety/security is.

Also it would be helpful to post averaged before and after Speedtest pulls (20 pulls or so at different times over different days) to really judge the effectiveness.
  3. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

I have done those quite a while back. the proxies removal gives an over all reduction in lag. the 4g settings make it more tolerant of signal fluctuations but do not increase its speed. decreasing the scan delay will make 4g attempt to connect more often but that has a degrading effect on the battery.

A better definition of proxy is a "middleman" this proxy isn't a VPN
  4. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're a car guy too Kevin lol. Sounds like you're talking about dyno runs haha. Love it!