1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

This may be out there?

Last Updated:

1. thatmikeguy

thatmikeguy New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for a way to build a shortcut that will force close a spicific program. One click on an icon that will force close "internet" or whatever.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

3. thatmikeguy

But I don't see a way to create a shortcut, only within the program. I just need something that builds commands within shortcuts, so a program that makes the script/batch whatever it may be called. So if "kill" is a command, then "kill" point to "whatever app" make "shortcut". That type of thing. One reason why, is that we all use the internet here at work, but some pages will work off of wireless in one building but not work again in the next, because it remembers the type of connection. So I am using anycut, or astro to open whats running, then force close internet, and it works. The problem is I must do this 15 times a day. :(

4. MrDeeJ

MrDeeJ Well-Known Member

Try adding a Task Widget to your home screen. I just created one to open a certain app and when I was creating it there was an option to kill an app as well under the App category of tasks.

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

You can do with tasker. What you do is create a new task that kills the Internet, then you go to your homescreen and create a tasker widget that uses that task. As far as I know, though, this will not work on Android 2.2, though, as apps can no longer kill other tasks. Either way, killing the internet process seems to be a strange way to fix your actual problem. What exactly are you doing? Switching between two different wireless networks?

6. thatmikeguy

Can only have so many windows open at one time, once you load any secure webpage that cannot repost data.