• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This MyTouch is running SUPER slow, WTF!?!

visualoddity

May 11, 2009
Yea, I don't get it. Even when I use a task killer and free up some mem, still slow. We are talking WAY slow. When exiting an app, it can take 2-3 minutes to load the desktop. From home, it will frequently take the same amount of time to load the dialer.

I can't seem to pinpoint a common running app, or an app that was installed when this started. It is incredibly frustrating though, and makes the phone close to useless. It's been like this for a month or two, and I can't take it anymore.

I know I could wipe and bump back to factory (best way?), but I would really like to avoid that, as it is a HUGE pain to reinstall and config all the apps. Can't root, gold card didn't work, so what should I do?

I assume wiping and starting over is the best option, right? :ugh:

Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

DeadPlasmaCell said:
Sorry for the ignorance, but how do you back them up?? I loved keeping them, but it bogged my phone down quite a bit.. Gmail has spoiled me a bit I guess hah.

I used MyBackup Pro. It will backup all data and apps. Thanks for the advice, I deleted and rebooted and all seems better. I'm baffled as to how they were causing the issue while not being engaged, but whatever lol...

Anyone know of an app that will let me mass forward to email? I could really use this. I'd restore them, forward them to an email addy, then delete... Help?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Hmm, I do not do any text messaging and only have a couple of 20-second videos and maybe <10 still images yet my mT3G is responding just like the OP described. This started a couple of weeks ago for me with no apparent rhyme or reason.

I have a 4GB card installed (came with), but it says it has +3.5GB free. Only a scientific calculator (forgot the name) and Open SuDoku apps were installed. I guess I could delete both apps, delete the tiny bit of multimedia, and reboot and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones