This phone belongs to- MAJOR issue? :(Support

Last Updated:

1. captivatedbycaptivate

captivatedbycaptivate New Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the free antivirus on my Samsung Captivate and noticed the message, "this phone belongs to: protected by antivirus". I deleted it and uninstalled it and turned off and on my phone 2-3 times. It is still not going away? What am I doing wrong? Also can someone give me any other method to delete this?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. sickntired

sickntired Member

Are you sure it wasn't a setting that you can enter your name for? Not sure what else to do for uninstalling it...

3. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

You are using the only method I am aware of for uninstalling. Since it doesn't work I would call AT&T and ask them to patch you through to Samsung. I had a friend use this method to get connected to a level 2 tech an got his problem (different) sorted out quite quickly.

4. b534202

b534202 Member

Maybe you just installed a virus disguised as antivirus.

5. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I would re-install the program and go through the normal uninstall process again (I don't know what you meant when you wrote that you "deleted it and uninstalled it"). Another forum user said that uninstalling the app cleared out the message.

My guess...the uninstall process didn't complete satisfactorily and droppings were left behind.