This phone is crazy fast

Last Updated:

1. briand515

briand515 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Epic and the speed is kind of mindblowing. Compared to all the other Android phones I've used this one is so much more responsive and it's still on 2.1 too which is even more amazing. Speed wise this thing completely blows the Evo out of water. It almost seems more responsive than the iPhone 4 to me honestly. The contrast of the screen is amazing. I think the Epic is the best Android phone so far.

Advertisement
  2. netminder1976

netminder1976 Member

I too think it is very fast! I used to have to take the battery out of my Blackberry everytime I tried to do multiple things. This is my first Android device though so I cant say how it is compared to other devices that run Android. So basically I just added nothing to this thread. Thanks

3. homeslice

homeslice Member

This is the main reason why I chose the Epic over the EVO. Its responsiveness is very impressive.

4. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine just had to do a factory reset on his and said how much faster it was without any apps on there. Have others noticed things opening slower, the more apps they have? If that's the case, I'll definitely be making sure I only get the apps I'm really going to use.

5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

My evo is pretty responsive I went to the sprint store on sunday and the timing of the captive buttons on the epic was way off. Althou I did notice that @stock speed some pages seemed to open faster than the Evo.

After this phone gets fully rooted with nand unlock and the devs start cooking some nice roms and kernels is game on. I already consider to jump ship and get me an epic a soon as I can. It was love at first sight when I saw the SAMOLD screen.

6. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

While it is in general faster, the effect is largely exaggerated by the lack of the 30fps cap the Evo has. If you actually do things side by side, it's not much faster and the teething issues tend to outweight the raw speed at times.

7. Inferno4213

Inferno4213 Well-Known Member

I couldn't be more happy with my Epic. This blows my old Hero out of the water. I saw someone using a Hero the other day and couldn't help but think "Look at that silly little phone".

8. homeslice

homeslice Member

The screen was the second reason :)