• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this phone is freaking joke

How many of you have gmail as their business email? Be honest.
Luckily, I do not. I do have gmail account as personal.
I have my business email on the "mail". That is why I posted "network error"!
I'm sure there are millions of people using gmail for their business. My point is if it goes out or you have problems, best of luck to you.

Even a simple paid service would have a phone number and support for things like this. But then again, it seems you feel the EVO is at fault, so you may want to look into Blackberry / paid email service for a serious business.

Then again, I have no idea if you are running a cell phone accessory kiosk at the mall or a 100 employee consulting firm, so I'm shooting in the dark here.

EDIT: Ok, I re-read your post. It really sounded like your OP was saying you depend on your EVO and gmail account for business. Apparently I was wrong.

Upvote 0
are you using the gmail app? or the mail app? try going to the app in app management and clearing data/cache and re-add the email account.

Gmail app for my personal accounts
Mail app for my business accounts
The former is sync problems
The latter is network error
I have tried clearing data/cache with same results.
In this day and age, sadly we are so dependent on the phone. Don't they test these things before releasing the update.
My boyfriend is laughing because my BB with same emails is constantly beeping of incoming email.
What a joke of this evo

Upvote 0
Gmail app for my personal accounts
Mail app for my business accounts
The former is sync problems
The latter is network error
I have tried clearing data/cache with same results.
In this day and age, sadly we are so dependent on the phone. Don't they test these things before releasing the update.
My boyfriend is laughing because my BB with same emails is constantly beeping of incoming email.
What a joke of this evo

I've never lost an E-mail...you are doing something wrong...but I see an iPhone in your future anyway. I know this because your thread title is a pure troll and you haven't even looked for help.

Upvote 0
I'm sure there are millions of people using gmail for their business. My point is if it goes out or you have problems, best of luck to you.

Even a simple paid service would have a phone number and support for things like this. But then again, it seems you feel the EVO is at fault, so you may want to look into Blackberry / paid email service for a serious business.

Then again, I have no idea if you are running a cell phone accessory kiosk at the mall or a 100 employee consulting firm, so I'm shooting in the dark here.

How presumptuous of …. I have (2) personal Gmail account & (2) Paid business emails on the evo. Only other app on the phone is swype (not working with latest update), handset (also not working), and Jorte. My email traffic is heavy. This is why I have the Blackberry as backup.
Sad to see the BB beeping all day while the evo is quiet. As matter of fact, the BB has (3) additional emails.

Upvote 0
i'd love to offer some help, but i don't understand (fully) the error you are getting.

sidenote:the title of your topic, is not likely to attract a lot of people who might be able to help you.

i've had plenty of trouble syncing my emails in windows mail, and outlook. i didn't choose to say that my computer was a joke as a result. usually once a problem like this is figured out, it is a setting, in the software, and not the software itself, nor the hardware that cause the problem.

my email is working fine.....

Upvote 0
After upgrading to 2.2, haven not received one gmail on the phone. Just checked my laptop, I have 79 new emails.
"sync is having problems..."
Do not use this phone if your business is dependent on it.

Considering Google has recognized this as an issue quite possibly on their end, I'd bite that tongue before blaming it on strictly the phone.

Upvote 0
How presumptuous of …. I have (2) personal Gmail account & (2) Paid business emails on the evo. Only other app on the phone is swype (not working with latest update), handset (also not working), and Jorte. My email traffic is heavy. This is why I have the Blackberry as backup.
Sad to see the BB beeping all day while the evo is quiet. As matter of fact, the BB has (3) additional emails.
Well I based my posts off of your confusing and baited post.

Anyhow, good thing you have a blackberry backup. I see an ESN swap in your future. Adios!

Upvote 0
After upgrading to 2.2, haven not received one gmail on the phone. Just checked my laptop, I have 79 new emails.
"sync is having problems..."
Do not use this phone if your business is dependent on it.

Sounds like user error to me..... DOH....!!! I hate when that happens...!!!

My EVO's work like a champs. The 2.2 update on both my EVO's worked flawlessly (mine is the Unofficial .3 and the wifes is the Official .6 Froyo)
Email works great with 2 Gmail and 2 business email accounts on mine and 1 Gmail and 1 business email on the wifes. No issues just pure bliss..... :cool:

Upvote 0
Well I based my posts off of your confusing and baited post.

Anyhow, good thing you have a blackberry backup. I see an ESN swap in your future. Adios!

The sad thing is I "advance flip flop" with sprints last week so the BB would be the backup and Evo would be the primary. Now "advance flip flop" again.

FYI, my girl friend just called to inform me that her company sent her an email stating she has to report for her night shift. She never got that email because guess what phone she has/had.

If I were to offer a service that 5% complains of problems, I would consider that a solid failure. Look at all the new problem posts after the update? Success?

Upvote 0
Sounds like user error to me..... DOH....!!! I hate when that happens...!!!

My EVO's work like a champs. The 2.2 update on both my EVO's worked flawlessly (mine is the Unofficial .3 and the wifes is the Official .6 Froyo)
Email works great with 2 Gmail and 2 business email accounts on mine and 1 Gmail and 1 business email on the wifes. No issues just pure bliss..... :cool:

Read of all the problem posts. You are lucky and blessed. But don't contribute others problem to user error because you don't have the issue while LOTS other do.

Upvote 0
Try setting up your gmail account through the regular mail app instead of the gmail client. Just a shot in the dark but who kows, maybe it will work. Its how I have mine set up and receive everything fine. I actually prefer it over the gmail client since access is instant and doesnt have to 'load conversations'. I know its just a second or so but still kinda bugs me.

Yeah, the title of your thread certainly will draw a lot of ire, however can understand the frustration when things dont work like expected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones