This Phone is one of the best!!

Last Updated:

1. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was one of the people who got the phone the first day it came out. The phone was a little buggy, but I liked the OS and customization, More and more apps came out and I began to like it more and more.

However as more and more new phones came out I realized that it is not the fastest phone out their, and of course I began to realize how buggy it was.

The keyboard lag, the time it took to open apps, the phone was not an all around smooth device IMO.

I rooted and am running Fresh 2.0 and this thing is amazing.

This phone after rooting lets you customize everything you want.

Everyone is making threads complaining about when 2.1 is coming, when it takes 20 minutes to do it and flash to a 2.1 rom, and thanks to the developers and support on here and XDA, these guys are geniuses.

If you are thinking about rooting, do it now, I was the most cautious person about doing it and didn't want to break or mess up my phone, but I did it over Spring Break and have not regretted.

This phone is as fast as a droid, (running Fresh 2.0)
    I have the 2.1 flan lock screen, with the silent and unlock switch at the bottom.

I have sprint and google maps navigation,
    I can tether other devices wirelessly from my phone.
    I can speak in to the phone, and text will come in, any part of the phone where you can type you can do voice to text.

The android widgets (calender,power control, etc) are much better looking, and the sense icons look great.
    Also you can search any app in the phone, either from the home screen or after pushing the search button while in any app.

Live wallpapers are cool as hell.

the youtube widget and app works, and actually goes to hd video by default.

Not to mention the more and more apps that are coming.

And the thing is blazing fast.
    and plenty more

I know this sounds like a useless thread, but this is one of the best phones out their, don't complain about 2.1 coming, it is here and has been now, these developers are great, do it now you won't regret it.
    After you flash a new rom its like carrying a new phone around.

Advertisement
  2. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a useless thread at all. It's human nature to want more and to complain about what's lacking, rather than what we have. We should recognize that not too long ago, we didn't have cell phones. Now we have these cell phones that double as personal computers and are capable of so many things to keep us informed, happy, amazed and productive. We could compare phones and say that "this one has this, mine doesn't, so my phone must be inferior", but what a huge waste of time that is. The Hero is a great phone, and a constant source of entertainment for me. I'm rooted and running 2.1 and have never had such an amazing phone in my life. I've got no complaints.

3. mjz773

I know, I thought I would be the last person who would know what rooting is and flashing all of these roms, but this thing gets cooler everyday.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I agree that the Hero is a great phone when it is loaded with 2.1. It functions the way a ultra-smart phone should. Couldn't be happier (until the EVO is released, that is).

5. mjz773

It is unreal,
    I am using all of the features imaginable.
    A song came on tv, I used shazam to find it. It found the name of the song I searched it using mp3 download, and got an mp3 download to my phone, and emailed a copy of it to my friend from my phone, all without having to get off the couch lol.

the apps are amazing, and the functionality and speed of 2.1 is perfect.