This phone is sick!

Last Updated:

1. ICU812

ICU812 Member This Topic's Starter

For starters I'm coming from a Blackberry Tour. Love the bb for the physical keyboard, battery life, and bb messenger. However after owning the EVO I can't believe I've been missing out on such awesome technology.

I made it to the Sprint store around 7am on Friday and had to take a number. Lucky number 13 too. Lol. Anyways the corporate store here in Concord NC was awesome. They had balloons everywhere and refreshments by the phone display.

I ended up getting the black HTC gel case while I was there. Premier customer so I received 20% off the case.

Sat in my car for hours in the parking deck playing with the phone before work at noon. I already had a mini usb car charger for the berry so I was set to go on charging.

AMAZING phone. Really and truely the best phone I've ever had. Fast. Responsive. Beautiful.

Thanks!

Oh and I forgot to mention 3 people at my place of work wanted to see my phone and by their lunch time all 3 had gone down to the Sprint store to pick one up. Lol.

Advertisement
  2. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member

I'm coming from an iphone and i couldn't be happier thus far. Install swype and you'll love it even more. I'm using swype to write this post right now, and I'm typing way faster than i could on my iphone 3g.

3. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

Yeah, i would have to agree. The only thing I'm waiting for now is payday so i can buy some paid apps like tapatalk pro. Either way, I'm happier with this device than any other I've ever used.

4. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member

Me too. Coming from the Tour also.

I have had the phone about 10 days and I cant put it down. I am using the IO Google account so i am still using my Tour, but i hate it now when i have to actually use the Tour for something.

5. Kingkoa

Kingkoa Well-Known Member

How did u get swype?

6. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member

The version for the incredible works on the Evo. There's a thread somewhere on here that has a download link for the apk. You'll have to enable untrusted sources and install a file manager, but its worth it.

7. dpc111

dpc111 Member

I'm over from the Sumsung Moment. Absolutely LOVE this new EVO. Highly recommend!

8. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I love this device as well! I mean, it really brings a lot to the table. On keyboards, it was quite difficult adjusting to the stock keyboard, coming from a Blackberry. But I downloaded Sharp Writer and all I can say is HOLY SH*T!!!! I can crank out text with a breeze...great alternative to Swype. I just now have to figure out and discover new things to do with this beautiful piece of fun behind a screen, lol.

9. itslukelol

itslukelol Well-Known Member

get swype, game over

10. ronjr8099

ronjr8099 New Member

Yeah I agree. I'm lovin this phone.

11. Bnice

Bnice Guest

i'm jealous.

12. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

Coming from a touch pro. Best phone ever made. Swype working perfect on my evo.im set for a year or a two. Unless evo 2 comes out. Im only saying all this so i can use swype i love it

13. Addicted

Addicted Well-Known Member

hate to sound like an uber n00b... but what does swype do exactly?

14. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Swype

Sent from my Evo, using Tapatalk !

15. Dutch54

Dutch54 Well-Known Member

It speeds up your ability to input text and typing....go to the swype site and check out their videos

16. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I also came from the Tour and looking back, the EVO makes the Tour look like a child's phone. :D I've also had the Touch Pro and Treo Pro and this phone blows them all away.

I agree with getting Swype. I was having issues with the virtual keyboard but Swype has been a lifesaver for me. As someone else said in the Swype thread, no more pecking on the keyboard. LOL