• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this phone seems to have a lot of bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so first of all. resizing wallpaper doesn't work all the time some time i cant get the full image it didn't do that on my Samsung admire. second thing i notice is 50mbs of ram just disappeared i guess it could be programs running in the background but why weren't these back round programs running before. third thing is some pic of ( jewel something shows up in my gallery) i didn't put it there. where did it come from. fourth thing random wifi problems and finally problem number five thing stop all animations doesn't do $hit as far as i can tell. please!!! please!!! help am i losing my mind!!oh now problem six wifi shows full bar even after i disconnected my wireless router and there is no wifi signal but my phone says i have a strong connection and no there is not wifi coming from anywhere else and i cant get online with the fake a$$ signal aaaaaahhhhhh by the way me and my wife have the same phone besides the strange pic her phone has the same issues also tell me any bugs you might have. lets wok together your help will be greatly appreciated thanks

I don't know what to tell you. I've already lost 10 days of sleep over this issues. I think I'm going to jump out of the the window in few days if someone is not going to come up with any solutions to these problems. Please help me.

I could have lived with picture issues but ram disappearance is literally is going to kill me!

Upvote 0
first i would like to know if they are wide spread problems because then there should be a patch distributed from lg and or metro pcs. i dont want to get stuck with a phone clocked at 1.2ghz
sarcasm aside
resizing wallpapers: Try different launcher
50mb of ram gone: How do you know that? system shows 710mb of ram (the rest is taken by the system) I don't really get why it's the problem and why should you concern. In fact I don't get what you mean.
picture issue: who cares, just delete them.
wifi problems: there is an app on the market which fixes wifi, if both phones have issues, check your router
stop animation: again why do you concern that much?

Your phone is set to 1.5ghz as everyone else's

Upvote 0
I've had no bugs! :)
most bugs are user created.;)

about 75% of these threads are about bugs on this phone. while i am happy to hear you do not have any making statements like ( most bugs are user created.;)) with a winky face seems very brash and arrogant. i would also think your statement is a opinion unless you have done some kind of poll and a lot of research on the matter. if you have kudos but frankly speaking i doubt you have and this is my uneducated guess/opinion but as you see i am not stating it as a fact.

Upvote 0
sarcasm aside
resizing wallpapers: Try different launcher
50mb of ram gone: How do you know that? system shows 710mb of ram (the rest is taken by the system) I don't really get why it's the problem and why should you concern. In fact I don't get what you mean.
picture issue: who cares, just delete them.
wifi problems: there is an app on the market which fixes wifi, if both phones have issues, check your router
stop animation: again why do you concern that much?

Your phone is set to 1.5ghz as everyone else's

if you don't care about the phone you own that's your right. why would you comment if you don't have any helpful advice? there is a name for people who do this they are called trolls. please get off my bridge and you not understanding my point, well speaking on a subject while not understanding it is ignorant but being ignorant is also your right. so have a good day and i will make sure i do also.

Upvote 0
about 75% of these threads are about bugs on this phone. while i am happy to hear you do not have any making statements like ( most bugs are user created.;)) with a winky face seems very brash and arrogant. i would also think your statement is a opinion unless you have done some kind of poll and a lot of research on the matter. if you have kudos but frankly speaking i doubt you have and this is my uneducated guess/opinion but as you see i am not stating it as a fact.

What are you talking about?
Take a look at the sub forum and give me threads about bugs on this phone. You can't cause most of them are about service related issues, and just random things.
You can't just come here and pretty much say this phone sucks and is full of bugs( which you can't deny your giving that impression), because its not.

Upvote 0
What are you talking about?
Take a look at the sub forum and give me threads about bugs on this phone. You can't cause most of them are about service related issues, and just random things.
You can't just come here and pretty much say this phone sucks and is full of bugs( which you can't deny your giving that impression), because its not.

i think the hardware in this phone is incredible and i love this phone but it has software issues like Picture file won't stop/finish downloading., Battery Life ( 1 2 3 ),Custom Ringtone Issue and google earth are all software issues these are all threads about bugs and its just to name a few if i didn't love the phone i wouldn't want to fix the problems with it

Upvote 0
Haven't had most of the issues here myself.

The wallpaper resize may have something to do with how you set your picture as wallpaper. If you long press on an image from the web and a menu comes up giving you the option to set the image as wallpaper the image will be resized to fit your screen. If you copy it to your HDD and set it as wallpaper from there a box will come up that you can drag over the picture and resize. whatever part of the picture is in that box is what will show up as your wallpaper.

Your ram is being used by the system depending on what's running. Anything that's running on you phone either In the background or foreground is gonna use a portion of ram.

You'd have to be more specific on what random wifi problems you're having.

Try deleting the pic and see what happens. Maybe you accidently took a screen shot or something.

Just tried to turn off all animations and the only animation is turns off is the one where you go into your app drawer from your desktop. So there is an issue there. Wouldn't know how to fix it. Could be a phone problem or an OS problem.

My wifi signal did the same thing when I had my connect. While it is weird, if you know your router isn't working than obviously you're not gonna have access to the Internet. Fix your access point and you'll be golden.

I did my best.

Reactions: nizlovelots
Upvote 0
i think the hardware in this phone is incredible and i love this phone but it has software issues like Picture file won't stop/finish downloading., Battery Life ( 1 2 3 ),Custom Ringtone Issue and google earth are all software issues these are all threads about bugs and its just to name a few if i didn't love the phone i wouldn't want to fix the problems with it

Picture - service related bug.
Google earth- app issue.
Battery life - mostly everyone is saying how great it is.
Custom ringtone - mine are working fine so I'm guessing its a small batch of phones with the issue.

I hope you get them worked out. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Upvote 0
Pictures not downloading is your Internet connection timing out during the process. It's mostly an issue with the server you're downloading the material from.

Battery is completely dependant on your phone activity. My battery life ranges from 18 to 20 hours with very light use to 8 to 10 hours with a ton of audio and video playing from the HDD, audio and video streaming, Web browsing, and phone calls and texts. It's all in how you use it.

Again you would have to be specific as to what problems you're having with your ring tones.

Never used Google Earth.

Upvote 0
so are you saying that we do not deserve a quality product and the phone doesn't need to function properly?

I'm simply saying is a great phone for the money. It may have a few bugs but it does all the things(and a few more) that a 150 dollar phone should.

A little thing like animations not turning off isn't a big deal to me. You should return your phone since you're having so many problems.

Upvote 0
The picture automatically adding itself to your gallery is something I have seen on the LG Esteem, the LG Connect and now the LG Motion. I have noticed that some apps just store pics in your gallery. Specially the Bejewled app. So I know what your talking about there. It is not a phone issue. So just delete them.

Like others have said, the system uses up your RAM (about 290 of your 1GB). So you should have about 710 RAM left at your disposal.

The image resizing issue, is not a phone issue. Try different wallpaper apps.

If you are having Wifi issues, then try freezing the MetroPCS Wifi App, and then reconnect your wifi. If there is no improvement, then it must be your router. If it is not your router, then get your phone replaced.

For your animation issue, there is an animation option on your phone settings, make sure you have the "All animations" checked and reboot. If there is no improvement then have your phone replaced.

Hopefully this helps you a bit. Cheers!

Reactions: nizlovelots
Upvote 0
thank you every one who wished to help i do appreciate it. there have been
a lot of misunderstandings. some of these problems with the phone are mine, some are my wife's and some are phone issues from other site members. (I DO LOVE THIS LITTLE PHONE).its not the end of the world. i am going to talk to LG. i thought i would try this site first since i had my old admire androidforums members had fixed the problems i had run across. thank you

Upvote 0
The picture automatically adding itself to your gallery is something I have seen on the LG Esteem, the LG Connect and now the LG Motion. I have noticed that some apps just store pics in your gallery. Specially the Bejewled app. So I know what your talking about there. It is not a phone issue. So just delete them.

Like others have said, the system uses up your RAM (about 290 of your 1GB). So you should have about 710 RAM left at your disposal.

The image resizing issue, is not a phone issue. Try different wallpaper apps.

If you are having Wifi issues, then try freezing the MetroPCS Wifi App, and then reconnect your wifi. If there is no improvement, then it must be your router. If it is not your router, then get your phone replaced.

For your animation issue, there is an animation option on your phone settings, make sure you have the "All animations" checked and reboot. If there is no improvement then have your phone replaced.

Hopefully this helps you a bit. Cheers!
thank you so much for the info about the pic problem. the wifi problem is with a false wifi indicator at this point. it says i have full wifi bars when it really should say i have none. the metro one actually works again thanks

Upvote 0
I know I had wifi issues with the stupid metro easy wifi app. I disabled it and now it works so much better.

I still haven't figured out why Metro insists on putting it on their Android phones. The feature is built into Android so the Metro app is entirely redundant. Which wouldn't be so bad if the Metro app weren't designed to automatically start trying to take over when wifi was activated.

That app is nothing but trouble. No reason for a person to not disable it really. Best case in leaving it, it wastes resources on the phone. Worst case it fights with existing wifi programs or the phone itself for dominance. Best to just kill it.

Really just about all the Metro apps work like that. Which is why the first step for so many people is to kill all the Metro apps they can. :D

i dont want to get stuck with a phone clocked at 1.2ghz
In all honesty, if any problem does end up being a defective phone, don't let this deter you from trading it. The performance difference between 1.5 and 1.2 is purely in benchmarks. People are underclocking to well below that point and not hurting performance. The phone just doesn't tax the processor enough to make a difference. Which is probably why LG originally intended to underclock it. Saves battery life and doesn't effect real world performance at all. All that having the phone set at 1.5 does is give you better benchmark scores.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones