Support This stuff is killing me!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rangerdavid, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    i noticed today that I'm am spending an inordinant amount of time killing all the useless "spamware" that the powers that be have decided should run on my DINC all the time. I have installed and run a task killer, and lately I've been going into settings, applications, running programs and stopping the same programs over and over and over again. this evening I noticed, in addition to the usual culprits, there was a Amazon program that was running.

So, I think I'm going to give up. Uninstall my task killer ( which is basically useless anyway) and just let the crapware run. If anyone else has any suggestions, like maybe a task killer that actually works, let me know. Frankly, I'm just tired (physically and mentally) of battling these apps that are continuing to run anyway. this has seriously taken a good bit of the fun out of my phone, and I bought an extended battery, so I think I will surrender.

Anyone else feel this way? Just wondering out loud. thanks for listening.\

:(
    RD

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    You could root and delete it. :)

Rangerdavid likes this.
  3. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Horseheads, NY
    running the task killer is probably making the situation worse, you are actually going and looking more causing you to use more battery power.

the only option besides ignoring it is to root your phone and remove the crapware. or root your phone and get a rom like Virtuous 2.6 that has a lot of the crapware removed for you.

Rangerdavid likes this.
  4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    root is still possible with 2.2?

5. tau626

tau626 New Member

May 13, 2010
    I rooted and loaded Virtuous 2.6...best thing I've ever done...Virtuous is effin awesome