This sucks..I am freaking out..

Last Updated:

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My brother graduated high school back in June and he wanted a Nintendo DS Lite as a gift..I didn't play mine so often so being polite I told him he can have mines as long as my mother gives me $50 for it.

She..never paid me the $50 bucks and now I'm considering taking it back..He has maybe played with it for a week and that's it other than that my friend has had it since July (my brother let him use it since he wasn't playing it).

I want to play it..and want to take it back because I feel it's still rightfully mine since my mother has never paid me money for it and since I bought the DS, I bought the accessories for it and I bought the games to go with it.

I just am feeling bad about being an indian giver and taking it back after I gave it to him.

Advertisement
  2. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Did you confront your mom? I would seriously just let your brother have it and bite the bullet.. He will probably appreciate it in the long run and 50$ is not that much money at all depending on how old you are I guess..

3. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

Let him keep it, ask your mom politely for $50, save up and by another DS....DSi this time. :)

4. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

I say wait for the friend to give it back and then take it if he still doesn't play on it. No money has been given so it's not like there's any awkward financial reason.

5. traster85

traster85 Member

I say stop crying about a nintendo ds and punch your brothers face in for giving it to your friend. Then punch your moms face in for not giving you the money..Then punch your own face in for asking random people for help with something this dumb.

6. lilsaphyre

lilsaphyre Well-Known Member

You're free to take it back any time you want since your mom didn't live up to her agreement.
    I would, without hesitation.

7. Jessie

Jessie Active Member

Was your Mom in on/agreeable to the deal? Just asking because you said you told your brother he could have the Gamboy if your Mom paid ya. It doesn't sound like Mom was in the loop on this.

Then again, I see a lot of families who do things like this. Shoot, when my husband was 16, his mom asked him for money and in return she would buy him a leather duster. He got the duster... From me, for our third Christmas as a married couple when he was 23. (He will be 35 in a few days and he still looks hot in that coat!) My family had always been the type to borrow money from each other, pay it back quickly, and often with interest. Which usually led to arguments about how unnecessary that was. But, I understand that's a pretty rare thing, sadly.

Sounds to me like you're just gonna have to let the Gamboy and the money go and chalk it up to a lesson learned. That sucks, but thems the kicks, guy.

8. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

How is your relationship with your brother? Me and my brother get along very well and I would feel too bad taking something back from him in a situation like that. Why not just ask him if you can play with it since he's obviously not using it, and explain to him that your mom was supposed to pay you some $$ for it and never came through. I'm sure he'd be willing to share.