this sucksSupport

Last Updated:

1. mr.glaxyS

mr.glaxyS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how is it possible this hd samsung galaxy s cant play videos from the internet for example no built in flash player cant seem make divx web player even work on this phone .......what a waist of a big screen .....good job SamsonG that was me being sarcastic btw :confused:

Advertisement
  2. spock

spock Member

You need froyo and flash plug in installed to watch flash on the web.
    It works very well and the videos look far better than most phones ive seen.
    i use the phone to demo videos to clients the picture quality is first class.
    I use mp4 at 720p.
    My web videos also look good streamed to the phone using flash.
    pity the gps isnt so good. Really ruins a great phone.

3. mr.glaxyS

OKAY THAT 1 THING U ANSWERED AND CAN FORGET ABOUT DAT IM ON 2.1 DONT THINK BELL EVER GOING RELEASE 2.2 FOR THIS PHONE ALSO 2ND PART MY ? WAS THIS IS DIVX CERTIFIED PLAYER YET CANT PLAY DIVX VIDEOS ONLINE ON THE WEB BROWSER REALLY WISH WENT HTC PHONE??? THIS PHONE PRETTY USELESS COMING FROM IPHONE ANYWAYS .....IF U NO HOW PLAY DIVX POSSIBILITY OF DIVX WEB PLAYER TOO PLAY WEBSITES DIVX VIDEOS BUT COULD NOT FIND ONE ONLINE LET ME NO THANKS :confused:

4. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

If you type in that strange manner people will lose interest before reading the whole post. I know I did.

5. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Well-Known Member

Same here mate..

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Be civilized please, Ladies and Gentlemen. Anger will not get you anywhere.

7. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

who is angry?

Actually on reflection someone telling me to be civilised for no good reason does make me a little angry.

8. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

On 2.1 it does actually have flashlite however compatibity is limited, on 2.2 you have flash 10.1 and everything I've tried plays.

As for divx, surely that would stream unless the file is too big in which case it would download before playing but in either case the default video player would kick in and that does support divx.

Flash the 2.2 firmware yourself?, also iPhone obviously doesnt support flash so good luck with that argument. :D

9. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

People generally don't stream divx, few site use it, its normally a download watch later medium and the phone can play that out of the box. So the iphone comparison is stupid as it doesn't do it out of the box at all. As for 2.2 if you believe the latest info its sounding like they have finished it and around 11th November is the supposed date for US and UK release with other countries following shortly after that. Kinda sounds like Samsung are aware of the anger of their customers.

10. mr.glaxyS

yes anyways sorry about CAP lock forgot was on when finished typing was 2 late and for the guy saying iphone cant support flash u ever even use iphone or even apple product before try jail broken see what you can do with itouch/iphone wtvr apple product also might i add try watch divx or flash video file over internet browser does not work this sucks end of topic closed:confused:

11. Subluka

Subluka Member

For those who've gone froyo and can use flash, how do flash games go? Do they? Or does the game control need to be built for touch in some way? Don't know much about them myself, except there are a few decent flash games around these days.

12. Subluka

Subluka Member

Ah well, I'm sure it's been talked to death elsewhere in these forums, but just to answer my own question, it does seem adaptation is needed, and some have gone ahead with a mobile site with some mobile games, like Kongregate.

Looking forward to Froyo for a few reasons.

13. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Yes, you need to JAILBREAK your iPhone to use flash. iPhone out of the box does NOT allow you to use flash. Big difference. Android 2.2 comes with flash, and if you cannot wait to get the firmware update from your carrier, you do have the option to Root your phone. Though rooting voids your warranty, but if you have jailbroken your old iphone, then you would have known that. :)

I don't think the post by snapper.fishes was directed to you ;)

14. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I've never seen streamed DivX from a website. Anyway the Galaxy S, even with 2.1 can play DivX files just fine. In fact it's DivX certified. Which is more than can be said for the iPhone.

15. mr.glaxyS

yes im aware it divx certifed but yet when go to divx website DOES not play divx video it does not work ...............s0o yah ....not soo certified

16. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

You seem confused mr.glaxyS

Why should it being divx certified mean it can play them from the website?

17. mr.glaxyS

yes im confused u state it divix certified but yet divx . com doesn't even have available download for this phone s0o yet see it divx certified if i confused im sorry thought divx certified means play divx from anyplace(including internet-browser)....??

18. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I said it doesnt support flash and it doesnt, please find an iPhone that's not jailbroken that supports full flash? Oh of course you can't. :D

What's the jailbreak version called? frash? LOL

It looks awesome.

19. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Divx.com only has downloads for Windows and Mac, NO mobile devices and NO Linux. I'm still at a loss about this alleged DivX streaming though. :confused:
    Certainly never come across any sites which streams DivX. Sites usually stream video using Flash(which works on Android devices with Froyo) or Silverlight sometimes don't they?

The Galaxy S does indeed play any DivX videos which are stored it's own memory or SD-card, so yes it is certified for that.

20. mr.glaxyS

STILL LOST Video StreamingDIVX WEBSITE YES OR NO OR JUST NOT YET THANKS

21. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

NO or NOT YET. There are currently no websites which stream DivX videos that I know of. Why would a website want to use DivX for streamed content anyway? When Flash, HTML5 or even Silverlight does the job just fine.

HTH.