• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This sucks...

The incredible is not a eris 2.0. Its a entirely new phone which happens to be on Verizon and made by HTC with the same sense UI.

Comparing the incredible to the HTC Evo 4g would make much more sense. The only phone which is comparable to the Eris would be the Hero on sprint. Being that the phone essentially has similar traits would be no surprise to be similar.

I mean how many freaking threads should their be on the Eris board about the incredible?:mad:(thats right, mad smiley)

By now we all know that the phone is faster and offers a fm tuner, Oled screen, and 8 mp camera. That would be the main difference next to the fugly cosmetics of the incredible. Now can u all stfu bout it? or move to the incredible board

We have a hater huh? Well...enjoy the Incredible and thanks for your constructive and helpful post. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
For some reason we're seeing some rather testy posts in several threads around the forums today.

I'm not sure why. I'm not sure if I want to know why. ;)

Caps on. BECAUSE ITS THE DROID ERIS BOARD.

I understand one or two threads regarding the incredible but its like 4 or 5. Sure this guy may not be looking to cause anything but nevertheless there is a place for him to post this.

HTC Incredible - Android Forums

I am pretty sure that the Eris board was made for Eris related news. The incredible board is made for those that want to discuss the incredible. Simple.

Upvote 0
You're talking about the Incredible, and posts about the Incredible in Eris forms.

I'm talking about "rather testy" postings today here and there having nothing to do with the Incredible.

Incidentally, there have been ongoing postings in the Eris area about everything from the iPhone to the Nexus One. I don't recall seeing any objections to those discussions.

Upvote 0
I have to agee with all the statements here about that other thread. It's about ridiculous how out of control it had been the last few days. Same things over and over again. I'm still gonna have my eris for a while and I think me gf may end up with, so I'm gonna stick around here. Plus, like others already said, you guys are much nicer. If I get a chance later I can do a side by side vid of both

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

I understand one or two threads regarding the incredible but its like 4 or 5. Sure this guy may not be looking to cause anything but nevertheless there is a place for him to post this.

I am pretty sure that the Eris board was made for Eris related news. The incredible board is made for those that want to discuss the incredible. Simple.

I'm glad you were instrumental in writing the forum rules. This is a community of people who have gotten to know one another and there is merit in coming back to tell how life after Eris is going unless that person wants to be an ass and brag (not that it would make many of us jealous). Mobimop was humble in his first post and is providing info to those of us who are curious but don't want to make the jump. Get over it dude.

Reactions: Papadroid
Upvote 0
I'm glad you were instrumental in writing the forum rules. This is a community of people who have gotten to know one another and there is merit in coming back to tell how life after Eris is going unless that person wants to be an ass and brag (not that it would make many of us jealous). Mobimop was humble in his first post and is providing info to those of us who are curious but don't want to make the jump. Get over it dude.

Very well put.

Upvote 0
I got the chance to play with the Incredible today. I would compare it to the Eris as this.

The Eris is an 40yr old woman, showing her age, and not as nimble. The Incredible is that woman 20yrs younger, hot as hell, and a sex machine.

Well, the Incredible is newer than the Eris and is a bit better built, on the inside. ;)

However the "old woman" was just born last November, and seems quite the Spring chicken, in my usage and estimation.

Upvote 0
I got the chance to play with the Incredible today. I would compare it to the Eris as this.

The Eris is an 40yr old woman, showing her age, and not as nimble. The Incredible is that woman 20yrs younger, hot as hell, and a sex machine.

Haha! Made me LOL on that one. I'll be heading down to the VZ store to get my girlfriend's Droid replaced so I'll have to take that "20 year old sex machine" for a test drive.

Upvote 0

If you dont like the post and dont want to read it, dont click on it. Simple as that.

Otherwise, stfu.

Upvote 0
I also exchanged my Eris for an Incredible today (I was within my 30 day period). I still have a lot to check out with the Incredible but I do have some initial impressions relating to how it compares to Eris. While I like the Incredible a lot there is not a huge leap from an Eris with 2.1. 2.1 took care of most of the performance issues I had with the Eris. The Incredible is very fast though. It seems like everything opens instantly. Manage Applications has file sizes in 2 - 3 seconds. While I like the bigger screen it comes with the negative of it being a bit larger and heavier. It does feel more substantial in the pocket. I like the Eris screen better is sunny conditions. The screen on the Incredible is livable in sunlight (I was very concerned about this before I got the screen). Incredible screen is better in sunlight than I was expecting. I love the 748 mb. user data on the Incredible...no more worries about installing apps. Camera and video on Incredible is better than Eris (aside from resolution). My big concern now with Incredible is battery time...

I think both the Eris with 2.1 and Incredible are great phones.

Upvote 0
I also exchanged my Eris for an Incredible today (I was within my 30 day period). I still have a lot to check out with the Incredible but I do have some initial impressions relating to how it compares to Eris. While I like the Incredible a lot there is not a huge leap from an Eris with 2.1. 2.1 took care of most of the performance issues I had with the Eris. The Incredible is very fast though. It seems like everything opens instantly. Manage Applications has file sizes in 2 - 3 seconds. While I like the bigger screen it comes with the negative of it being a bit larger and heavier. It does feel more substantial in the pocket. I like the Eris screen better is sunny conditions. The screen on the Incredible is livable in sunlight (I was very concerned about this before I got the screen). Incredible screen is better in sunlight than I was expecting. I love the 748 mb. user data on the Incredible...no more worries about installing apps. Camera and video on Incredible is better than Eris (aside from resolution). My big concern now with Incredible is battery time...

I think both the Eris with 2.1 and Incredible are great phones.

It's gonna be hard for anybody to really judge battery times for the first few days of ownership because you'll be draining it in 4 hours due to a new toy.

One thing that I can say is that it looks like a transition to the Incredible lacks a learning curve because the GUI is the same. Did you try Google Earth yet?

Upvote 0
The incredible has a pretty fugly back and the red touch of color rip off from samsung tv's is yuck.

All I know is that the eris beat the incredible simply on looks.
I agree though the Incredible is growing on me. If they came out with phone with the Eris form factor (with smaller screen) and the Incredible guts that would be the ultimate for me.

Upvote 0
Did you try Google Earth yet?

Stopped by Verizon today just to play with it. Fast? Yes!!:eek:

Looked for Google Earth on Market. Not there??:thinking:

Played with it for about 15 min. After 5 min, got tired of peck typing, so I Googled Swype and installed it! :cool:

Wish I'd stuck around to hear them explain Swype to the next guy that played with it.:D

Upvote 0
The incredible has a pretty fugly back and the red touch of color rip off from samsung tv's is yuck.

All I know is that the eris beat the incredible simply on looks.

That red touch of color will wear off the speaker in a few months like some of ours have. I finally took all the black off and now have a cool looking silver speaker.

Upvote 0
I agree though the Incredible is growing on me. If they came out with phone with the Eris form factor (with smaller screen) and the Incredible guts that would be the ultimate for me.

Yup thats what sold me on the eris. But damn that back cover is really fugly. If I had waited a few weeks rather than getting the eris the first week of april I would most certainly get a case which rounds out those squared out disgusting edges.

Also getting rid of the trackball takes away from a visual appeal. Thats why I didnt get the droid. It just looked like a plain black display

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones