1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support this tetris test app thing, what is it?

1. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

So I came to my phone this morning and in had a new app installed called test app. Apart from being associated with tetris. What is it? And most importantly, why was I not asked before install? I feel so violated. Seems to only be the xperia play...

Advertisement
  2. jcsix

jcsix Member

I have the exact same thing, I'm also curious to what it is.
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

To be honest i am not aware of this application at all. However if it is not something you have chosen to install and was not a preloaded application you may want to uninstall it.
  4. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

if i could uninstall it i would have done already, they is no option to. nor is they a description for the app. would i have to root to get rid of it if its a system app?
  5. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

another thing that really confuses me is that is has a high maturity rating, granted its been a while since ive played tetris, but i can remember blood or boobs.......
  6. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member

i had this on my phone the other day before i switched ROMs. I know I didn't install it either.
  7. Sam-SonyXperia

Can I ask which Network/version of firmware the two of your are/were on so I can try to sort this one out?
  8. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member

I'm on Verizon with 2.3.3

maybe it has something to do with a future ICS download?
  9. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

Im on 2.3.4. Although, the test app has disappeared from google play now.
  10. Sam-SonyXperia

I don't believe so, however I will try and flash one of the handsets here to that variant and see if I can get some more information on this application for you.
    jakkebrown likes this.
  11. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

Thankyou. I need to know for sure what it is
  12. DoomyGIR

DoomyGIR Active Member

13. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

14. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

I am running android 2.3.4 and also have this. It is only visible on google play. My apps . Then it's not showing in installed tab, but if you scroll sideways to all apps (which shows everything you ever downloaded) it's there. Called testapps with no thumb, only android symbol. If you click on that you can rate and review. There is a lengthy discussion from xperia play users who are very confused about this. If you click open button at top of page it loads, the preinstalled game Tetris.
    WTF IS THIS.
    You can only remove if you root your phone.
    People think there is a conspiracy between Sony and Google because no one is answering any questions.
  15. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Can you upload a copy of it somewhere so I can take a look at it?
    (on CM9 it doesn't exist, so I have no clue what you're talking about)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  16. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

Where can I post pics. I can't upload pics from phoe to the Android forums. Surprising, that.
  17. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

I've mailed to you.
  18. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

Android Market Developer Outage Continues, Test Apps Showing Up in Wild

Looks like there are unidentified problems. See above link.
    Possibly to do with ics update at end of April for xperia???
    Is "content maturity description" new to the android market? Because the link above says it's new and not out yet. But I have it. Do I have the unreleased new android market then?
  19. paxchristos

Your link is a year old content maturity has been around for a while.

Thank you for the pictures, but that didn't actually get me anywhere, because I want to take apart the app itself. Can you get me a copy of the apk file?

20. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

Duh. Sorry for bad info.

I have not rooted my phone so cant get at files.
    When you click open it just runs Tetris.
    This started when android market changed to Google play. Maybe because it is preinstalled game, Google has trouble recognising it???
    That may be all there is to it.
  21. paxchristos

It shouldn't, Google bases what apps you have installed off of the filename of the app

22. The Pogger

The Pogger Member

23. paxchristos

Then yes, either somebody at Google or EA screwed up.

24. Sam-SonyXperia

Sorry for the late reply, however I have tried everything at my disposal and can not get this application to show up so I am unfortunately at a loss. I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything else out.
  25. paxchristos

If EA wanted to make the app no longer available, they must've changed the app name/everything else about it, the problem lies with everybody who still has the app installed (it would site up in the app market still cause it's linked) (that's my guess)