This will sound crazy - stock Android browser instead of Sense browser?

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 7, 2009
    With the Droid's 2.1 update, it will be getting multitouch in the browser. So I'm assuming that stock Android browsers will be getting multitouch from 2.1 on forward.

I've always been under the impression that the purpose of the Sense browser was to incorporate multitouch that was previously missing in older versions of Android. With 2.1 coming to our Heros, do you think the new Hero's will just use stock browser?

If not, will there be any way to GET the stock browser on the Hero? I honestly think I would like the stock browser better, because I hate the "text autoflow" on the Sense browser. Everytime I zoom, it text-autoflows, and throws me onto some random place on the screen! Plus it makes the browser slower.

2. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    I agree with you 100% on that, it is nice sometimes to have the text auto show on the screen, but it annoys me when it moves the page somewhere you dont want it be.

Their will be multi-touch on the browser, their is no way they will add a feature as big as that and then take it off in a future update. My guess is it will be the HTC (sense) browser.

Of course this is my opinion, no one knows the right answer. But I think it is still going to be the sense browser because of HTC Sense, No one knows if 2.1 will add multitouch to every device for sure. Android 2.1 adds weather widgets, that HTC Sense has, so it doesn't mean that HTC will remove the weather widgets, just becasue it is available in 2.1. Same thing in the browser, just becasue the stock browser for 2.1 may have multitouch doesnt mean HTC will not include their browser. Just my opinion we will see.

developers for android are really good, so I am sure one of them will be able to extract the APK ( the instillation file for android) and post it here, but the Hero is running a weird version of android because of sense, so maybe

It is annoying me as everyone else too that, t-mobile, droid, nexus are all running (Droid will be very soon) the newest version of google, and we have 1.5. Sprint has always been horrible when announcing updates. For god sakes they are telling us you can get the update tommorow or up til June 1st. But untill then we don't like to keep our costumers informed. yes, i am sure they are working hard, but I don't think it will take that long for an accurate timeframe on when 2.1 will be available to update to the Hero and moment. Yes, I read the article that says "things are going smoothly" but they still gave us the save 1H 2010 date.