• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Which browser apps are you using on this ROM? I am running v23 and like to use Opera, Firefox, and the stock browser, for various reasons. But Opera and the stock browser keep crashing VERY frequently. Like half a dozen times in 5 minutes of browsing. I restored the nandroid last night that I had made after setting up v23, and that seems to have helped a little today using Firefox and the stock browser. I haven't yet tried Opera again.

Upvote 0
OK...Onward and upward -
Running V 8 of 4.2
Using Hacker keyboard (stock disappears)

Love it..smooth fast GREAT battery life.
Was having some issues on HDMI out on v7 V8 seems to cure that.

Photosphere camera Crashes....but all else seems pretty good.

ZO - I have....actually....been using Chrome since i updgraded to 4.2
Seems nice and stable....I know...SHOCKING!

Upvote 0
OK...Onward and upward -
Running V 8 of 4.2
Using Hacker keyboard (stock disappears)

Love it..smooth fast GREAT battery life.
Was having some issues on HDMI out on v7 V8 seems to cure that.

Photosphere camera Crashes....but all else seems pretty good.

ZO - I have....actually....been using Chrome since i updgraded to 4.2
Seems nice and stable....I know...SHOCKING!

The "only" reason I have had a grudge against Chrome is because Google, in their divine apple-like egomania, 'decided' for us that we 'don't need' a master password. Some may see it as a silly reason to boycott Chrome, and I suppose someday I might too. Especially if I keep having all the grief I am seeing on Opera/Firefox/Android browsers lately. I could see embracing Chrome if it proved to actually be STABLE by comparison to those.

I don't suppose Chrome browser, by any chance, supports Flash Player content?? There are so many websites that 'require' Flash Player support and it pisses me that, once again, someone is arbitrarily 'deciding' that 'we don't need it' in Android. Two of my favorite sites, WeatherSpark, and National Geographic Magazine Archives, simply will not display without Flash capabilities in a browser. I suspect there are thousands of websites built around Flash. We are just supposed to forget they ever existed now? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I recently re-acquainted myself with hacker keyboard, but decided to go back to Touchpal for 2 reasons:

1- the volume of the key clicks in hacker is way too loud, and turning the A500 down to just above total mute doesn't make it quiet enough. I like the clicking, but not that loud.

2- Hacker has smaller keys, so I find myself making more mistakes. I think Touchpal has more options when it comes to sizing the keys themselves.

The one thing I don't like about Touchpal, which hacker mercifully did away with for me, is the "keyboard" key just left of the A key. I hit that way too often while typing, and would love to disable it (I never use it intentionally anyway), but I don't know how. So I didn't miss that, for sure.

The only issues I've had with Thor JB V23 recently may or may not be hardware related. Sometimes I can't get the power button to light the display. A few times I had to hold it and reboot, being the only option.

Aside from that, and the aforementioned browser instabilities, it is working OK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones